Roku 2 Streaming Player (Black) (Roku 2720R )
Category: Home Theater
Buy New: $59.97
as of 9/16/2014 15:39 EDT details
You Save: $10.02 (14%)
New (27) Used (27) Refurbished (1) from $46.94
Sales Rank: 37
Shipping Weight (lbs): 0.2
Dimensions (in): 3.7 x 3.7 x 1.2
Legal Disclaimer: sorry no refunds
Warranty: 90 day limited manufacturer's warranty
Shipping: Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Tell A Friend
Add to Wishlist
Add to Wedding Registry
Add to Baby Registry
| • ||Roku 2 enhanced remote with headphone jack (uses Wi-Fi Direct).|
| • ||Streaming player includes IR receiver (compatible with various universal remotes).|
| • ||802.11 (a/b/g/n compatible) with WEP, WPA, and WPA2 support.|
| • ||Less than 4.5W (typical) when streaming HD videoPower Input.|
| • ||Digital over HDMI (7.1 and 5.1 surround pass through).Analog stereo (left/right/composite video RCA).|
Roku 2 Streaming Player 1080p HD plus enhanced remote with headphone jack
Crank up the volume, and enjoy the show with the Roku 2. Dive into 1,000+ channels of movies, TV shows, sports and more in stunning 1080p HD. Watch without disturbing the house when you plug the included headphones into the remote. Enjoy free features like channel shortcut buttons and much more.
- 1,000+ entertainment channels. Choose from the best selection and widest variety of streaming entertainment, including movies, TV shows, music, sports, news, fitness, cooking, and more.
- Stunning HD video quality. Immerse yourself in the action with rich, vibrant video streaming up to 1080p HD*.
- Remote with headphone jack for private listening. Crank up the volume and use the included headphones to enjoy a late-night flick without disturbing the household.
- Extended-range wireless. A robust dual-band wireless connection seamlessly streams video with ease and speed.
- Channel shortcut buttons. Jump straight to favorite channels such as Netflix and M-GO with the push of a button.
- One-stop search.** Find your favorite movies and shows in a flash from top channels like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU, and M-GO.
- Movies and TV shows, front and center. Instantly access the hottest blockbusters and hit TV shows, powered by M-GO, right from the home screen -- no extra account setup required.
- Free iOS and Android app. Transform your mobile device into a Roku remote. Browse and add new channels. Even use your phone or tablet to send your music, photos and personal videos*** to your HDTV.
*Availability of 1080p HD video limited by channel provider and speed of broadband connection.
** One-stop search is for movies and TV shows and does not work with all channels. Premium subscriptions are required but are not included with purchase.
*** Capability to share video available on iOS and select Android phones. See Roku.com for list of devices that support this feature.
Get to the entertainment you want instantly
The Roku Channel Store has the largest selection of streaming channels available anywhere – with over 1,000 channels and more coming at a furious pace. Our on-screen interface lets you fly through screens, seamlessly search top channels and launch movies faster than ever before.
- Watch a new movie a day. Every day. For 82 years. Roku has over 150,000 movies and TV episodes at your fingertips from Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, HBO GO, M-GO, VUDU, Redbox Instant by Verizon and more
- With 49 news and weather channels from across the US and around the world, Roku is the best choice for news and weather channels. Top news sources include MSNBC, Fox News, Huffington Post, CNBC and WSJ
- Plus gets loads of other entertainment choices, including:
- Music from Spotify, Amazon Cloud Player, Pandora, MOG, Rdio, VEVO and TuneIn
- Live sports packages including NBA League Pass Broadband, NHL GameCenter LIVE, MLS LIVE, UFCTV, and MLB.TV Premium
- Family entertainment from PBS and Disney
- Photo and video sharing via Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa
Of course, there are also tons of channels featuring international and lifestyle programming, tech news, podcasts, cartoons, and… well, you get the idea.
Watch late-night flicks without disturbing the peace
Our enhanced remote includes a built-in headphone jack for private listening. Use it with the included in-ear headphones to watch that late-night movie without waking up the rest of the house.
Compare Roku models
* Roku 3 works with HDTVs with HDMI port. HDMI cable not included with Roku players.
**Availability of 1080p HD video limited by channel provider and speed of broadband connection.
It's ridiculously easy
From the simple remote to the intuitive interface, Roku 2 was designed to set up in a few quick-and-easy steps. All you need to get started is a high-speed Internet connection (and a TV, of course). The built-in wireless and guided setup mean you can be up and running in minutes. And we bet you don't even have to call your nerdy nephew for help.
Included with the Roku 2
- Enhanced remote with headphone jack
- Two AA batteries
- A/V cable (red/white/yellow)
- Power adapter
- Get Started guide
- 90-day manufacturer warranty
What you need
- High-speed Internet (like DSL or cable)
- Wireless router
- HDMI cable (for high-definition video)
- Internet browser (for initial setup)
In general, the faster your Internet connection, the better the video quality. For the best viewing results, we recommend a minimum of 1.5 Mbps for standard definition and 3.0 Mbps for HD content. To test your network speed, visit either one of the following (free) websites: speakeasy.net/speedtest/ or www.speedtest.net. Please note that your Internet speed may vary throughout the day.
Crank up the volume and enjoy the show. The all-new Roku 2 has everything you need to kick back with your favorite entertainment faster than you can grab the popcorn. Dive into 1,000+ channels of blockbuster movies, hot TV shows, sports, and more in stunning 1080p HD. Tune out distractions and turn up that late-night flick while the kids (or parents) sleep when you plug the included headphones into the remote. Jump straight to your favorites with channel shortcut buttons. And find that perfect movie or show in a flash with one-stop search. The all-new Roku 2—rock-solid streaming with private listening.
Roku 2 supports closed captioning on channels that support this feature, including Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU and Hulu Plus. Video output: 1080p, 720p and 480p over HDMI. Audio output: digital over HDMI (7.1/5.1 channel surround sound pass-through and stereo). 12V -- 1A power adapter.
Want to learn more about streaming media players?
Our Streaming Media Player storefront features educational articles, buying guides, comparison charts, and more.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.