Inspirational stories featuring: Bruce Wilkerson, George S. Patton, Walt Disney, Mother Teresa, Abraham Lincoln, Colonel Sanders, Jeremy Lin, Jim Valvano, and others with selected quotes from Oswald Chambers.
How can you know if your next job, promotion, or decision is God's will for your life? Can you really find God's purpose and joy in your work?
The word discernment comes from two Latin words: discernere (to perceive) and discretis (to separate). To discern God’s voice and will is to hear His voice whisper: "Pssst, over here!" In both Hebrew and Greek, the word will means “to yearn.” When we say, “Lord, Your will be done,” we are asking God to infuse His deepest yearnings into our spirit and alter the circumstances of our life in order that we may grow.
God sees beyond our past and knows our secret desires, even those desires yet to be born. In My Father’s Business, you will see how others responded to the yearning God placed within their heart and enjoyed their Father's blessing.
As you seek to discern and do God’s will, ask the following questions:
* Will this course of action use my gifts, talents, and passions?
* How has my previous experience prepared me for this task?
* Will this new opportunity cause me to be more loving?
* Is this an expansion of my influence for God?
* Will I feel more fulfilled and have a greater sense of inner peace?
* Who will benefit from my actions?
* What will it cost me and my family?
* Is this a time-sensitive opportunity?
God's word is clear: “And You will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart” (Jeremiah 29:13 NKJV). Those who seek and ask, hear His voice. The devotional stories in this book illustrate how others have heard God’s call and heeded His voice.
"My prayer is that you will learn to recognize God’s voice so you will be able both to discern and to do His will." ~ Eddie Jones