Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet is an action game for Xbox 360 that continues the story of the Marvel Super Hero Squad in a whole new video game adventure that retells a classic Marvel Comics storyline. Based on the popular toy franchise and accompanying animated series, The Infinity Gauntlet is the second game in the Marvel Super Hero Squad game series and features three play modes, including 4-player support, 30 playable characters pulled from the Marvel stable of heroes and villains, 19 story levels to explore and unlockable levels and alternate character costumes.
Continue the adventures of the Super Hero Squad in a new retelling of a classic Marvel storyline.
Story and Gameplay
The Super Hero Squad is back for an all new adventure alongside Season 2 of the hit TV series. In Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet players find that Doctor Doom and the Lethal Legion are scheming again. This time they are after the inconceivable power of the Infinity gems, stones that individually can control certain physical and metaphysical aspects of the universe, but that have been mounted together in a single gauntlet. To stop the power of the Infinity Gauntlet from falling into the wrong hands members of the Super Hero Squad will have to master the individual powers of the stones themselves, deal with Doctor Doom as well as the additional threat of the space tyrant Thanos who wants the gauntlet for his own purposes.
More than just a retelling of a modern classic from the back catalog of Marvel Comics, Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet features a variety of ways for players to experience the story of the Infinity Gauntlet through its three play modes. Story mode allows channels the player through the action allowing for a set number of heroes to join in. Challenge mode is a multiplayer mode allowing up to four friends to join together using their choice of all 30 superheroes or supervillains available in the game. Freeplay mode is an open-ended mode allowing players to play as any character, save their progress and even recall past levels and replay them as a different character.
Key Game Features
- Master All Your Superpowers - Use each superhero's unique power to help solve tricky puzzles and fight enemies
- It's Battle Time - Fight enemies in Superhero City, Deep Space and unique Marvel Universe environments across 19 story levels
- Multiple Ways to Hero Up - Enjoy hours of fun with 3 different modes of play (Story, Challenge and Freeplay modes) and the ability to replay levels with different sets of heroes
- Power in Numbers - Form your own squad with up to three friends and choose from the 30 heroes and villains from the Marvel Universe
- New Environments and Heroic Feats - Collect rare items and complete key objectives to unlock hidden levels and costumes
Challenging story mode.
Entertaining co-op play.
30 heroes and villains.
Hidden levels and costumes.