Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster - Xbox 360
|From: Warner Bros|
Category: Video Games
Buy New: $5.21
as of 9/24/2014 01:04 EDT details
You Save: $14.78 (74%)
New (68) Used (41) from $4.09
Seller: Hitgaming Video Games
Sales Rank: 3,576
Languages: English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
Platform: Xbox 360
Media: Video Game
Number Of Items: 1
Operating System: Xbox 360
Shipping Weight (lbs): 0.1
Dimensions (in): 7.5 x 5.3 x 0.6
Release Date: October 11, 2011
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Tell A Friend
Add to Wishlist
Add to Wedding Registry
Add to Baby Registry
Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster is an uplifting and funny, family adventure game playable on Kinect for Xbox 360. Players join favorite Sesame Street characters Elmo, Cookie Monster, Oscar, Grover and all new characters as they discover a long lost children’s book titled Once Upon a Monster. As they read, they join the action to become part of a living storybook adventure, helping new monster friends with their problems by exploring the book chapter by chapter, page by page. It features active co-op gameplay that is specially designed for sibling and/or parent-child co-play; and teaches social, emotional, and other important life lessons through its colorful and whimsical gameplay.
Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster is an Adventure game for young players that combines the hallmark educational themes of the Sesame Street universe with the fun and ease of play of the Microsoft Kinect Sensor.* An Xbox 360 exclusive, Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster is an interactive storybook like no other as children join Elmo, Cookie Monster, Grover, Oscar the Grouch and other characters as they meet new monsters and help them overcome their problems. Game features include: multiple 'chapters' of play, familiar Sesame Street characters as well as friendly new monsters, drop-in/out 2-player co-op support and active gameplay featuring the controller-free Kinect Sensor.
A Living Storybook Full of Lessons for Children
Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster is an Educational Adventure game in which young children learn lessons as as they accompany some of their favorite Sesame Street characters in a truly interactive storybook experience. Gameplay revolves around an in-game book called Once Upon a Monster that is found by Cookie Monster and Elmo. As the book is opened they along with players become functioning characters in its six chapter storyline. Here they encounter a variety of friendly muppet like monsters who need help with age-apropriate problems and scenarios. Some of the subjects touched upon include: cooperation, empathy, appreciation of similarities and differences in others, the value of exercise and preschool level skills. The game also features drop-in/out co-op gameplay support allowing additional kids or parents to join in the fun and/or come to the aid of a child who needs help, a variety of in-game activities and controller-free action using the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360.*
A storybook Sesame Street adventure that utilizes the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360.
The Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360
The Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360 allows you can experience gaming like never before. Easy to use and fun for everyone, the Kinect Sensor utilizes revolutionary full-body tracking to put you in the center of the fun. This amazing technology allows the sensor to recognize your body and mirror your movements in the game, making you the controller. The sensor is compatible with every Xbox 360, features a color VGA motion camera (640 x 480 pixel resolution at 30 frames per second), a depth camera (640 x 480 pixel resolution at 30 frames per second) and an array of four microphones supporting single speaker voice recognition.
Key Game Features
- A Fun, Cooperative Play Experience - Every activity is designed to be fun played by oneself, but even more fun with a family member or friend. Drop in/out cooperative gameplay is ideal for parent-child or child-sibling co-play
- Living Storybook Adventure - The game is a guided exploration of a living storybook where players help their monster friends with problems, all while interacting with enchanting and whimsical environments around them
- New and Familiar Characters - Players can interact with their favorite Sesame Street characters as well as make new monster friends as they progress in their adventures
- Broad Range of Games - A variety of entertaining and intuitive activities enable young kids to play easily with natural controller-free motions using the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360
- Active Gameplay - Players can engage in fun and physical activities such as monkey-see-monkey-do, playing instruments, flying, and running obstacle courses
Diversity & other life lessons.
Play powered by the Kinect.*
Drop-in/out co-op support.
* Gameplay requires the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360 sold separately
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.