LittleBigPlanet Karting is a unique Racing game exclusive for PlayStation 3 that blends the "Play, Create, Share" standard set by earlier LittleBigPlanet games, with the addictive fun of classic kart racing. The game features a whole new adventure set in Sackboy's Craftworld universe, as well as extreme customization options for user generated content in the form of characters, tracks, mini-games and so on. Additional features include, the ability to share user generated content with the greater LBP community via PlayStation Network, compatibility with select 3D TVs, PlayStation Move compatibility and online and offline multiplayer support.
Fast-paced kart racing action meets the extreme creativity of the LittleBigPlanet game franchise.
Create tracks and games that incorporate platforming elements.
Fast-Paced Karting Meets Extreme LBP Creativity
Sackboy returns in a completely new adventure where players' fast-paced karting skills will be the key to saving the Craftworld universe. Get behind the steering wheel and get ready to race through fun-filled tracks, discover unlockables in open-world environments, and battle in karting arenas filled with pick-up items and LittleBigPlanet-esque weaponry in a karting game like no other.
LittleBigPlanet Karting is a Kart Racing game that incorporates the familiar Platforming, and user generated content elements of the LittleBigPlanet universe, that sets the game apart from all kart racing games before it. The campaign of the game features a racing game mechanic in which players compete across tracks, with the goal of saving the Craftworld universe. The tracks of LittleBigPlanet Karting are filled with unique challenges, obstacles, mission objectives, boss battles and mini-games, which require much more than standard kart racing games. Along the way players gain access to a wide variety of weapons and power-ups that can be used increase their progress and/or impede that of opponents.
Along the lines of creativity, LittleBigPlanet Karting is also a true LittleBigPlanet game, firmly embracing the "Play, Create, Share" of the game series. Players can customize their Sackboy, as well as their karts, tracks and the rules to races. With this extreme freedom, races can be molded to be as constricted or open as the player chooses, and include as many obstacles, platforming challenges and mini-games as can be dreamt up. The game also incorporates familiar LBP grapple hook functionality, adding exciting platforming options to track/game design. Once tracks/games are created, they can be shared online through the PlayStation Network with other players in the LBP community. Multiplayer functionality includes four-player support in local play and support for up to eight players in multiple modes online via PlayStation Network.
Key Game Features
- LittleBigPlanet Fun Takes to the Track - Your favorite customizable Sackboy returns with new driving abilities to guide you through a completely new fast-paced adventure.
- 3D Compatible - Race through a whole new 3D world filled with a mix of familiar and unique Craftworld environments and themes. Experience competitive races, objective-based missions, boss battle challenges and the ever-competitive arena modes.
- LittleBigPlanet Customization - In the creative mood? Customize your Sackboy and karts with tons of options unlocked throughout the game. And for all you future game designers, take control of the new Create tools and create your own tracks, missions, games and adventures, just like you did in all the other LittleBigPlanet games.
- Interact with the LBP Community - Share your creations with the rest of the community and contribute to the inevitable thousands of new tracks and experiences created by fans just like you.
- Multiplayer - Share the fun in local multiplayer with up to three other players, or play online with up to seven additional kart racing friends.
- PlayStation Move Compatibility - Optional PlayStation Move control system compatibility allows players to extend the creative, kart racing fun.
Local and online multiplayer.
Weapons, gear & challenges.
New weapons and power-ups.