Alfred Angelo and Disney Consumer Products celebrate the release of Disney’s Cinderella Diamond Edition, available on Blu-ray™ for the first time this Fall, with a one-of-a-kind Cinderella- inspired bridal collection.
This unique line of limited-release wedding dresses consists of five exquisite styles in soft shades of blue. Each gown represents the iconic Disney Princess character from a unique point of view, including timeless ball gowns that sparkle with every turn, and modern fit and flare silhouettes that look as if they were bathed in moonlight.
The Cinderella Diamond Wedding Gown Collection will be unveiled initially at Chicago Bridal market on September 29, 2012, where bridal shops and industry press will get the first view of the collection. The Cinderella Diamond collection will make its runway debut on October 12, 2012, at a press-only show during Couture Bridal Market in New York City.
Beginning in October, the Cinderella Diamond wedding gowns will be available to brides through special engagement bridal trunk shows to be held in Alfred Angelo Signature Stores and Alfred Angelo Partner Stores in the US, Canada, Australia and the UK that carry the 2013 Disney bridal line. For tour dates and locations, brides can log on to alfredangelo.com.
Commenting on his design inspiration, Alfred Angelo vice president of design Michael Shettel says, “Ever since her launch onto the silver screen in 1950 girls around the world have grown up with Cinderella and idolized her. I wanted to focus on many facets of her character as well as combine my research from the Disney archives. I had access to original sketches and concept art for the film. The sparkling glass slipper, Cinderella’s blue eyes and her blue ball gown set the tone for color, inspiration and themes that are carried throughout the collection. I wanted to make each gown a unique interpretation and give brides-to-be several visions for their wedding day.”
“We are excited to collaborate with Alfred Angelo on another beautiful, timeless bridal collection and to bring Disney magic to brides on their special day,” said Robert Oberschelp, director of Disney Collections at Disney Consumer Products, “Cinderella’s story is a classic tale of romance and enchantment, and Alfred Angelo’s collection captures those magical storytelling details. The Cinderella Diamond Wedding Gown Collection is a fairytale wish come true.”
The “Glass Slipper” blue fabric is perfect for brides who embrace subtle color for their wedding. But, each gown is also offered in ivory and white for brides with more traditional tastes.
Alfred Angelo for Disney Collection Adds Rapunzel Gown, Royal Maidens, Royal Blossoms and Disney Veils
After an exciting first season for the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo bridal collection, Alfred Angelo in collaboration with Disney Consumer Products will introduce the 2012 collection along with styles for bridesmaids and flower girls at the National Bridal Market in Chicago this week. In addition, Alfred Angelo will debut a veil collection to complete the fantasy look for Disney brides. The 2012 bridal collection will continue to be affordably priced with styles starting in the $800 range. Dresses will be in stores worldwide by January.
The 2012 Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo bridal collection is inspired by the seven current Disney Princess characters (Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Tiana), and Rapunzel, who will officially become the newest Disney Princess on October 2, 2011 at a special royal celebration at Kensington Palace in London, England. Each gown incorporates modern style trends with the fantasy that is the core essence of each princess.
Michael Shettel, head designer for the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo collection, describes his new creations:
- Ariel’s gown is inspired by the gentle movement of the ocean’s tides. It features cascading ruffles, self made flowers with feather accents that softly sway and dance as if under the sea.
- This season, Belle’s grand ball gown is layered with graceful tulle and net and features a luxuriously bejeweled corset bodice that is filled with more enchantment than a storybook romance.
- Glamour and elegance define our Cinderella inspired gown. The exquisite form fitting shape puts a modern spin on the classic ball gown. Embellished with lace and beaded with crystals, the elongated bodice flows to a full tulle skirt.
- Jasmine’s multi tiered soft shimmer organza gown floats in ruffles and is topped with a dazzling jewel encrusted bodice–perfect for that magic carpet ride.
- Confident and dynamic, our Rapunzel inspired contemporary fitted gown features subtle draped taffeta reminiscent of the twists and turns of her long braided hair. The artistic nature-inspired floral sash twinkles with pearls and crystals like the lantern filled sky.
- Sleeping Beauty’s elegance and femininity resonates in a romantic rose colored bridal. The gently draped organza gown features a sweetheart neckline, along with subtle waist beading and rose-inspired flowers.
- Our tulle ball gown with its delicately draped satin bodice captures Snow White’s gentle grace and beauty. Hidden in the skirt’s pickups are lace vines and romantic flowers straight from her enchanted forest.
- Both modern and nostalgic, Tiana’s gown is a sophisticated choice for a magical transformation. The form-fitting, satin gown and organza cloud-of-dreams skirt is topped off with a lace and crystal sweetheart neckline that sparkles and shines like an Evening Star!
“Little girls never forget their first encounter with Disney Princess. Even long after they’re all grown up, the appeal of these characters and their stories are still magical,” said Robert Oberschelp, Director Disney Consumer Products. “Together, with our successful bridal gown collection, we look forward to offering brides a stunning array of choices that help bring even more magic to their fairy tale weddings with the new Royal Maidens and Royal Blossoms line.”
The “Royal Maidens” bridesmaid collection includes dresses in satin, luxe taffeta and chiffon, in an array of stylish silhouettes for the Disney bride’s “ladies in waiting”. Dresses will be available in up to 60 colors, including Disney-inspired shades like Enchanted Glow, Moonlight Waltz, and Royal Bloom. The collection will start at $159, and be available in sizes 0-18, 16W-30W.
The flower girl dresses, called “Royal Blossoms,” are designed as mini versions of the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo bridal gowns. The collection is offered for flower girls, but is also designed for special occasions and holidays. The flower girl collection will be available in sizes 2 toddler to girls size 16.
Alfred Angelo, leading gown manufacturer, is pleased to announce its second collaboration with Disney Consumer Products, this time on the launch of the 2012 prom collection— Disney Royal Ball by Alfred Angelo. Boutique owners will be able to preview the entire collection at the August Atlanta Apparel Fashion Show this week (August 18 -22, 2011).
The collection consists of trend-right ball gowns designed to appeal to every teen’s inner princess. Inspired by the essence and personalities of Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty (Aurora), Snow White and Tiana, these exquisite gowns come in 24 styles and a royally glamorous color palette. Given heightened interest surrounding the royal family, experts predict the ball gown will be the most important silhouette for the 2012 prom season. The Disney Royal Ball collection elevates this silhouette and evokes the grandeur and opulence fit for royalty.
Michael Shettel, designer for Alfred Angelo, says, “Working on this collection has been a fabulous experience. We designed each gown to have its own personality and uniqueness, just like the Disney Princess characters. The gowns are full of fantasy, color and magic….the best combination in making the perfect prom dress, and a perfect prom night.”
“Today’s teens grew up with Disney fairytales, they have fun memories of Disney Princess characters, and they’re also exploring their sense style. With the Disney Royal Ball collection we’ve set out to create a line of prom dresses that is versatile, glamorous and brings a little bit of that Disney magic to their special day,” said Robert Oberschelp, director of Disney Collections at Disney Consumer Products.
The Disney Royal Ball by Alfred Angelo collection will be sold in stores starting December 2011.
We will provide images of the dresses as they become available to us.
Via its official blog, Disney Fairy Tale Weddings has previewed the latest addition to the family of wedding gowns by Alfred Angelo inspired by Disney Princesses, ‘Rapunzel.’
Recently, Alfred Angelo also debuted the Cinderella Platinum Anniversary wedding gown, in honor of Disney Fairy Tale Wedding’s twentieth anniversary.
Alfred Angelo designer Michael Shettel joins model in proudly unveiling The Cinderella Platinum wedding gown during Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings and Honeymoons platinum celebration on March 17, 2011, at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. A select group of wedding and mommy bloggers were among the first to see the glamorous gown that celebrates the fairytale that inspired it — “Cinderella.” It is the first addition to the celebrated collection of Disney princess-inspired wedding gowns that launched early this year with Disney Consumer Products and Alfred Angelo. The gown will be available in select Alfred Angelo signature stores in late September 2011.
We will have more information from the exciting debut event soon.
Photo by Diana Zalucky, courtesy Walt Disney World Resort.
Dreams do come true, especially for women who grew up dreaming of a fairy tale wedding modeled after their favorite Disney Princess character. Alfred Angelo and Disney will debut their first collection of bridal gowns, Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo, at the National Bridal Market in Chicago on October 2, 2010. Marking their first collaboration, the bridal gown collection is inspired by the essence, style and personality of seven iconic Disney Princess characters: Ariel, Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, Snow White and Tiana.
The Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo collection will be available in sizes 0 to 30W, at all Alfred Angelo Signature stores and select Alfred Angelo wholesale Partner Bridal Boutiques in 2011. All gowns will be priced $599 to $1,199.
“This collaboration is a wonderful testament of two long-standing, established and respected industry leaders…the magic and storytelling heritage of Disney and the internationally renowned bridal fashion of Alfred Angelo,” says Michele Piccione, co-owner and Chief Creative Officer of Alfred Angelo. “For 75 years, our product has been known for great style, quality and affordability. We are excited to use our expertise to fulfill the dreams of brides everywhere who long to feel like a Disney Princess.”
“Every bride wants to be a princess on her wedding day, and through this collaboration with bridal fashion experts Alfred Angelo, we can now extend the reach of the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings brand and make beautiful Disney Princess-inspired gowns accessible to all brides at a broad retail distribution and affordable prices,” says Pam Lifford, executive vice president, global fashion and home, Disney Consumer Products.
Acclaimed Alfred Angelo designer Michael Shettel designed the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo gowns. Michael has a keen eye for trends and the ability to translate that vision into beautiful gowns. As a result, Michael sought to capture every girl’s fantasy of feeling like a princess on her wedding day, while being inspired by the magic and identity of each of the seven Disney Princess characters. With each gown, brides can showcase their personal style. The collection includes classic, grand ball gowns in layers of tulle and sparkle net, updated fit and flare styles to highlight curves and movement, and pleated and wrapped bodices to flatter the bride’s figure.
- The treasures of the sea inspired Ariel’s gown. The mermaid silhouette features re-embroidered lace, pearl beading, and sequin sparkles.
- Aurora/Sleeping Beauty’s gown is romantic with a dreamy, willowy skirt for this slumbering princess.
- Belle’s wedding dress, with a draped waistline is inspired by the iconic ballroom dance scene from the film and focuses on making a grand entrance.
- Cinderella’s gown radiates with sparkle as its inspiration is the fairy tale’s enchanted glass slipper.
- Jasmine’s wedding dress conveys freedom and individuality and as a result her shimmering soft satin gown is exotic with a bejeweled neckline and low cut back.
- Snow White’s dress is inspired by nature, beauty and grace like the Disney Princess character herself.
- The regal, one-shoulder taffeta gown for our newest princess, Tiana, reflects her independent spirit with an asymmetric bodice and ruched skirt.