The Walt Disney Studios has launched a new Disney Movies app, exclusively for the Apple iPad, that lets users discover more about current and classic Disney movies. The app is part of the continuing effort to engage fans and provide them with access to their favorite Disney movies on the platform they prefer.
“The Disney Movies app is a perfect way for our fans to learn more about the amazing creative content that is currently available from The Walt Disney Studios,” said Greg Brandeau, the Studios’ Chief Technology Officer. “Whether they want to head straight to their local theater, buy the latest Blu-ray or DVD, download the newest digital release on their iPad, or search and discover new details about our films, the Disney Movie app provides fans with a dynamic and engaging experience.”
Once iPad users have downloaded the free Disney Movies app, fans can preview the most recent trailers and read a synopsis of featured movies. Movie lovers can see local theaters and showtimes for their favorite Disney films and immediately buy tickets via Fandango and other online movie ticket providers. The upcoming “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” is the first new release to be offered on the Disney Movies app, along with other Disney movies that are already in theaters.
With movies that are available via the Studios’ Home Entertainment division, the app has the ability to connect consumers directly to online retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy and Disney Store to purchase Disney movies on Blu-ray™ or Disney DVD. More partners will be added with future updates of the app. For users who would prefer to receive movies electronically, iPad users will also have the ability to download them digitally into their iTunes or Vudu account.
More than 60 movies are featured in the app’s innovative user interface. Due to the nature of its simple and sophisticated design, the app can be updated as soon as new content becomes available. An iPhone and iPod touch compatible app will be available this summer and apps for other smart phones are also in development.
The Walt Disney Company has shown great success creating “must-have” apps for the iPad. The ABC Player app has been downloaded over 850,000 times since iPad’s April 3 launch and more than 4.5 million episodes have been started. ESPN’s ScoreCenter XL and ESPN Pinball are among the top apps in their respective categories (Sports and Games) and other Disney-branded games are also extremely popular on the device.
To get the new ‘Disney Movies’ app from Walt Disney Studios, click here.
The Camp Rock 2 The Final Jam app is now available from the App Store. The app lets iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users hear music clips, watch videos and more from the Disney Channel Original Movie and its soundtrack.
The Camp Rock 2 app is available for $.99 and features:
- Free song download “Can’t Back Down,” with vocals from Demi Lovato plus Alyson Stoner, Anna Maria Perez de Tagle and Char Ligera. The free download will be available for the first 30 days, beginning May 26.
- Exclusive day and date audio and video premieres of Camp Rock 2 music and behind-the-scenes content.
- “Camp Rock Yourself” photo feature where users can take photo or use native photos in a Camp Rock 2 picture frame.
- “Shake” feature will re-skin entire app and all slides to “Camp Star,” the rival camp in the new movie.
- “Which Camp Rocker Are You” Quiz – users can answer a series of personality questions to find out which Camp Rock 2 star is most like them.
- Reminder screens to take over home page for key dates such as iTunes album debut, the Disney Channel movie premiere and more.
- Audio and video sections with links to iTunes for purchase. The audio player will run throughout the app.
- Photo gallery which highlights key scenes from the upcoming movie.
The app was produced by Walt Disney Records and Disney Channel. The Camp Rock 2 The Final Jam soundtrack will be available in stores and at online retailers beginning Tuesday, August 10. “Camp Rock 2 The Final Jam” will premiere on Disney Channel Friday, September 3. The Jonas Brothers concert tour with special guest Demi Lovato (featuring both artists’ hits as well as music from both “Camp Rock” films) embarks on July 27.
Camp Rock 2 App is available for $.99 from the App Store here.
Remaining free, version 2.0 of the app includes the following new features:
- Additional voting option with “Click to Call”
- Music and sound effects for the introduction and paddle feature
- Push Notifications available for start of show & eliminations information
- Facebook Connect option to post support for any dancer.
Have you ever wanted to reach out and touch a star? Now you can! All the excitement, glitter, and sexy spray-tanned talent you love to watch on Dancing With The Stars is literally IN YOUR HANDS thanks to your iPhone!
ABC today announced the availability of its free “Dancing with the Stars” (DWTS) App from the App Store. The app is a one-stop-shop for fans who can now use their iPhone or iPod touch for deeper access to the hit show, complete with the latest elimination updates, video clips and other fun, interactive features.
In addition to offering users another way to vote for favorites each week, the app features:
* Instant updates about who was voted off the show, as well as video results
* Dazzling photo galleries capturing all the hot dancing action from every show
* Bios on the stars, pros, judges and hosts
* In the mood to Mambo? Care to try the Tango? Users can learn all they need to know about the dynamic dances featured on the show
* First-hand knowledge of how voting shapes the show
* Game play with iJudge, an addictive feature that gives users access to the famous DWTS scoring paddles
The DWTS App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/. For more information on the DWTS App please visit www.abc.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars.
You can also access the app directly here.
Disney Interactive Studios Announces Spectrobes: Origins for Wii Has Arrived, iPhone App in September
BURBANK, Calif. — Disney Interactive Studios announced today that Spectrobes: Origins, the third installment of Disney’s popular monster battle video game franchise, is now available across North America exclusively for the Wii™ system from Nintendo.
Spectrobes: Origins lets players control interplanetary patrol officers Rallen or Jeena in the first Wii installment for Disney’s top-selling Spectrobes franchise. Players will find, train and command more than 100 mysterious Spectrobes, while unlocking their unique powers in order to save the galaxy. Spectrobes: Origins features exciting two-player cooperative play made specifically for Wii that allows players to team up and battle together; an all new 3-D fossil excavation mode; and special collectible code input cards that provide secret codes to unlock hidden items and new creatures.
“Spectrobes: Origins takes this popular franchise to the next level, giving fans a whole new experience on Wii,” said Craig Relyea, senior vice president of global marketing, Disney Interactive Studios. “The opportunity to explore and battle through the Spectrobes universe on Wii makes Spectrobes: Origins a must-have for action/adventure and RPG fans of all ages.”
Spectrobes: Origins was named Runner-Up for Best Wii Role Playing Game in IGN’s Best of E3 2009 Awards.