Ahead of any official announcements, Amazon.com has taking pre-orders for the the 1979 classic, The Muppet Movie: The Nearly 35th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment with a release date of August 13, 2013.
Celebrate The Nearly 35th Anniversary of the ultimate frogs-to-riches story with the one that started it all — The Muppet Movie. Laugh along with the mostly-true story of how the Muppets got their start, now for the first time ever in vibrant Blu-ray hi-def picture and sound.
From the very first ‘plunk!’ of Kermit’s banjo playing ‘The Rainbow Connection’ (Oscar nominee, Best Original Song, 1979), to the hysterical road trip that brings our fearless frog together with Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal and most importantly of all, Miss Piggy, join the jam-packed heartwarming hilarity, outrageous antics and big-shot Hollywood cameos. It’s bursting with hilarious bonus extras including an all-new Frog-E-Oke sing-along with your favorite Muppet songs.
As Kermit and the gang sing — ‘Life’s like a movie!’ Make The Muppet Movie part of your family, and have the time of your life as the Muppets share laughter and fun with ‘the Lovers, the Dreamers…and You.’
We will provide more information as it becomes available to us.
Ahead of any official announcements, multiple etailers have begun listing several Disney animated classics (and neo-classics) for a release date on Blu-ray of August 6, 2013. (NOTE: Return to Never Land has now been given an August 20 release date).
Amongst the releases scheduled are Return to Neverland Special Edition, Sword in the Stone 50th Anniversary Edition and Robin Hood 40th Anniversary Edition. No information on bonus features is currently available but we will update as it becomes available to us.
Also of note being listed for an August 6 release is the Disney Channel animated special, Pixie Hollow Games Pixie Party Edition.
NOTE: Image shown above is not official art for United States release / Source
UPDATE: Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has confirmed a couple of the releases and provided details, offered below:
To commemorate its 40th anniversary, Disney proudly presents the unforgettable animated classic Robin Hood on Blu-ray for the first time ever. Experience all the fun, thrills and celebrated music (Academy Award® Nominated Music for Best Original Song ‘Love’ in 1973) of this legendary adventure with perfect picture and sound!
Join Robin Hood, his trusted companion Little John and his hilarious band of Merry Men as they outfox greedy Prince John to save the good people of Nottingham. Dashing from one daring deed to the next, Robin won’t rest until he wins the hand of Maid Marian and restores King Richard to the throne. One of Disney’s most beloved movies is even better on Blu-ray Combo Pack!
Bonus Features: Deleted Storyline ‘Love Letters’ (NEW), Alternate Ending, ‘Oo-de-lally,’ Disney Sing-Along Song, Disney Song Selection, Robin Hood Storybook, Robin Hood Art Gallery, ‘Ye Olden Days’ Bonus Short & Sing Along with the Movie.
Disney proudly presents the 50th anniversary edition of a spellbinding and beloved animated classic. Conjure up magical family fun with the humor, adventure and Academy Award®-nominated music (Best Score – Adaptation or Treatment, 1963) of The Sword In The Stone — now on Blu-ray Combo Pack for the first time ever!
Take an amazing journey with a young orphan named ‘Wart’ and the extraordinary wizard Merlin. According to legend, only someone with the purest character and inner strength can pull the enchanted sword from the stone and claim the throne of England. Armed with newfound confidence and the power of friendship, Wart discovers his destiny and learns the best magic is the kind you find inside yourself!
Bonus Features: New Alternative Opening: ‘Where Wart Meets Merlin’ plus all the original Classic DVD Release Bonus Features including Music and Magic: The Sherman Brothers, Sing-along with The Movie, All About Magic (excerpt), A Knight for a Day & Brave Little Tailor
Let your imagination soar as your favorite characters from Peter Pan, Disney’s classic adventure, Return to Never Land, available to own August 20, 2013. Now, for the first time through the magic of Blu-ray, experience all the thrilling action with digitally restored picture and spine-tingling high-definition sound!
Wendy’s very practical and no-nonsense daughter, Jane, begins the adventure of a lifetime when the infamous Captain Hook whisks her away to the enchanted island of Never Land. It’s up to Peter Pan, Tinker Bell and the Lost Boys to help Jane believe in faith, trust and pixie dust. With the first-ever Lost Girl at his side, will Peter Pan finally defeat Hook and his swashbuckling band of pirates?
Share the power of believing with your family in Return To Never Land — now more spectacular than ever on Disney Blu-ray. (No bonus features specified).
Ahead of any official announcement, a Disney website has begun listing the 25th anniversary edition of Oliver and Company as getting a Blu-ray release date of August 6, 2013.
Celebrate the 25th anniversary of a Disney classic with the stunning Blu-ray debut of Oliver And Company, featuring perfect picture and sound. Relive this charming animated adventure, packed with excitement, fun and unforgettable songs by Billy Joel, Bette Midler and Huey Lewis.
In the heart of New York City, Oliver, a mischievous orphaned kitten, is befriended by Dodger, a carefree pooch and his ragtag family of misfit mutts. Life gets even better for Oliver when he is adopted by a lonely little girl named Jenny. But when tough guy Sykes and his Doberman sidekicks try to keep Jenny and Oliver apart, the spirited kitten and his newfound friends discover the meaning of courage and find a home where they truly belong.
Bonus features set to be included with the release are as follows:
- Two Bonus Shorts: ‘Lend A Paw’ – Academy Award® Winning Animated Short – Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1941; ‘Puss Cafe’ Animated Short
- Disney Sing-Along Mode
- Disney’s Animated Animals
- The Making Of Oliver and Company
Amazon.com has the title listed on Blu-ray but features no information, artwork or a release date at this time. It is worth noting that the dates provided by this particular source have not been particularly reliable.
As usual, we will provide more information as it becomes available to us.
It’s been months since we shared the news that The Muppet Christmas Carol will be finding its way onto Disney Blu-ray on November 6 with very few details to go on due to a lack of an official press release. Today that has changed — a little.
We have received an official press release from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment confirming the release as well as providing a few additional details on the bonus features as well as the transfer which are sure to amaze and daze you, our beloved reader.
First up, the bonus features:
- Disney Intermission — An all-new bonus feature. When the film is paused, fans can watch and ‘cluck-a-long’ to five classic holiday-themed songs performed by the Muppets Chickens and chums.
- Audio Commentary — All-new audio commentary with fan-favorite characters, Kermit, Rizzo, Gonzo, and more, all reflecting on their experience making The Muppet Christmas Carol.
- Frogs, Pigs and Humbug: Unwrapping a New Holiday Classic. A Behind the Scenes Look — Hosted by director Brian Henson, Gonzo and Rizzo fans go behind-the-scenes of the making of The Muppet Christmas Carol.
- Blooper Reel — ‘On the Set’ bloopers from the set of the film.
- Pepe Profiles Gonzo: ‘Portrait of the Artist as a Young Weirdo’ — A special look at the man, the myth, the legend the Great Gonzo, hosted by the one and only Pepe the King Prawn.
- Christmas Around the World — Gonzo and Rizzo take a look at how Christmas is celebrated all over the planet.
The DVD edition contains all of the blu-ray bonus features except for the behind-the-scenes look and the Disney Intermission.
Finally, for the technical aspects, it is shown in 1:85:1 format and has a running time of ‘approximately 89 minutes.’ Although the running time may suggest it, and conflicts with Amazon’s list of 85 which undoubtedly refers to previous editions of the film, there is no indication as to whether this film includes ‘When Love is Gone’ which appears to be a sore point amongst many a fan.
A request to Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment for clarification has gone unanswered at this time.
Ahead of any official announcement, the official Facebook page for The Odd Life of Timothy Green has announced that it will be released on Disney Blu-ray on December 4, 2012 — a date also confirmed by Amazon.com.
As no official announcement has yet been made, no details on any bonus features are available at this time but we will update as they become available to us. See below for details on bonus features.
Academy Award-nominated director/writer Peter Hedges (Dan in Real Life, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?) brings enchantment to the screen with The Odd Life of Timothy Green, an inspiring, magical story about a happily married couple, Cindy and Jim Green (Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton), who can’t wait to start a family but can only dream about what their child would be like. When young Timothy (CJ Adams) shows up on their doorstep one stormy night, Cindy and Jim — and their small town of Stanleyville — learn that sometimes the unexpected can bring some of life’s greatest gifts.
DVD BONUS FEATURES
- ‘This Gift’ music video by Glen Hansard
- Deleted scenes – ‘Remembering Bubbles,’ ‘Neighbor,’ ‘Discovery,’ ‘You’re a Fichus,’ ‘A Mess’
BLU-RAY BONUS FEATURES
All of the above plus:
- ‘Family Roots: Bringing The Odd Life of Timothy Green to Screen’ — a look at the telling of this unique family story and the team that made it happen.
- ‘Glen Hansard: Behind “This Gift”‘ — a look at the Oscar winner and the creation of the poignant end-credits song
- Director audio commentary
Walt Disney Studios has released the following trailer for the Blu-ray release:
Ahead of any official announcement from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, the official Peter Pan Facebook fan page reports that Peter Pan: Diamond Edition will
never land on Disney Blu-ray on February 5, 2013. The movie, with little more than a placeholder, is available to pre-order now on Amazon.com.
Since no official announcement has been made at this time, bonus features are unknown but we are unhappy to report that from what we have learned thus far, there will be no additional features including in the Blu-ray edition of the film, although we sincerely hope we are wrong. We also expect Return to Never Land to be released at the same time.
Yahoo! Movies has debuted the trailer for Peter Pan: Diamond Edition on Blu-ray:
Nearly a month after we first announced the upcoming arrival of ‘Pixar Shorts Voume 2‘ on Blu-ray (available to own November 13, 2012), Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has officially confirmed the release and date along with a list of all of the shorts included in the second collection of short films from Pixar Animation Studios as well as student films from John Lasseter, Pete Docter and Andrew Stanton.
The included shorts are as follows:
- BURN-E – BURN-E is a dedicated, hard working robot that finds himself locked out of his ship and quickly learns that completing a simple task can often be a difficult endeavor. Based on characters from WALL-E. (Directed by: Angus MacLane)
- Dug’s Special Mission — In this funny short based on the character from Up, Dug is sent on a foolish mission by Alpha, Beta and Gamma so that they can hunt for the Bird of Paradise Falls by themselves. Soon Dug discovers that where he belongs is not where he’s been looking. (Directed by: Ronnie del Carmen)
- George & AJ — Inspired by Carl’s escape, senior citizens around the city unite to make their own ‘escapes,’ much to the chagrin of George and A.J., in this short that features characters from Up. (Directed by: Josh Cooley)
- Air Mater – In this hilarious short, Mater decides he wants to learn how to fly and is accidently recruited by an elite group of formation flyers, the Falcon Hawks. (Directed by: Rob Gibbs)
- Time Travel Mater — When a clock lands on Mater’s engine, he travels back in time to 1910 where he meets Stanley, the founder of Radiator Springs. (Directed by: Rob Gibbs)
- Your Friend The Rat — Ratatouille’s Remy and his brother Emile guide fans through world history from a rat’s perspective. (Directed by: Jim Capobianco)
- Partly Cloudy — This humorous short features baby-delivering storks who receive their special packages high in the stratosphere, from clouds who sculpt babies and bring them to life. (Directed by: Peter Sohn)
- Presto — When Presto, a great turn-of-the-century magician, neglects to feed his rabbit one too many times, the magician finds he isn’t the only one with a few tricks up his sleeve. (Directed by: Doug Sweetland)
- Day & Night — This short follows Day, a sunny fellow, who encounters Night, a stranger of distinctly dark moods. As their suspicions turn to curiosity, they are delighted to find that this budding friendship can offer a new perspective on the world. (Directed by: Teddy Newton)
- Hawaiian Vacation — Fans will love this ‘Toy Story Toon,’ as Woody and Buzz lead a group of toys in giving Ken and Barbie the Hawaiian vacation of their dreams – without ever leaving home. (Directed by: Gary Rydstrom)
- Small Fry — Fans’ favorite team of toys is back in this clever ‘Toy Story Toon.’ Buzz Lightyear is left behind at a fast food restaurant where he finds himself in a support group for discarded toys. As Woody and the gang devise a way to rescue their friend, Buzz tries to escape the toy psychotherapy meeting. (Directed by: Angus MacLane)
- La Luna – The timeless fable of a young boy coming of age in the most peculiar of circumstances, in which he discovers his Papa’s and Grandpa’s unusual line of work. (Directed by: Enrico Casarosa)
All of the shorts are presented in 1:78 aspect ratio except for Presto which is in 2:39 format and La Luna which is in 2.
In addition, student films by Lasseter, Docter and Stanton will include Nitemare, The Lady & The Lamp, Somewhere in the Arctic, A Story, Winter, Palm Springs and Next Door.
Sneak Peek: ‘Cinderella Diamond Edition’ Bonus Features, Alternate Opening and ‘Real Fairy Godmother’
Courtesy of Walt Disney Studios UK, where the Cinderella Diamond Edition Blu-ray has already released, we catch a (literal) glimpse of some of the bonus features that will be available when the Blu-ray is released on October 2, 2012.
Among the new bonus features are an introduction to the film presented by Diane Disney Miller, a recently discovered alternate opening and a segment titled ‘The Real Fairy Godmother,’ a documentary that examines the life of Mary Alice O’Connor who married Disney animator and Imagineer Ken O’Connor and inspired the character of Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother.
Presented here first is a portion of the introduction of the film by Walt Disney’s daughter, Diane Disney Miller:
Here is some of an animated storyboarded recently discovered in the Walt Disney Archives, which are believed to be a possible alternate opening to Cinderella:
Finally, below are some clips from ‘The Real Fairy Godmother’ which not only discuss the life of Mary Alice O’Connor, but go into other design aspects from the film, including the Pumpkin Coach:
‘Brave’ 3D Blu-Ray Bonus Features to Include New ‘Mor’du’ Short, Alternate Opening, Bloopers and Much More
Disney/Pixar (NYSE:DIS) proudly announces the Blu-ray™ hi-def debut of Brave, the year’s #1 animated movie and Pixar Animation Studio’s 13th consecutive hit, on November 13, 2012. A breathtaking adventure that has entertained audiences of all ages, the stunning Blu-ray release of Brave includes hours of all-new bonus material, extraordinary behind the scenes features, extended and deleted scenes, a mysterious and exciting, new short film, The Legend of Mor’du, and much more.
An original and thrilling journey set in the ancient and magical Highlands of Scotland, Brave follows the heroic journey of the headstrong, young adventurer Merida. Determined to carve her own path in life, Merida confronts tradition and defies an age-old custom that inadvertently unleashes chaos, and forces her to discover the true meaning of bravery. The 5-Disc Ultimate Collector’s Edition (1 Blu-ray 3D + 2 Blu-ray Discs + 1 DVD + 1 Digital Copy) has something for everyone – from the home entertainment enthusiast who demands the highest quality, state-of-the-art technology offerings, to the family who enjoys the interactive and engaging bonus features that only Blu-ray can provide – making this unique and beautiful film a ‘must have’ for any home media collection.
The exciting home entertainment debut of Brave will be available in multiple ways, containing exciting all-new bonus features that extend the breathtaking movie experience.
I. ULTIMATE COLLECTOR’S EDITON: 5-DISC COMBO PACK
BLU-RAY – DISC 1 INCLUDES:
- La Luna Theatrical Short — Fans will love this charming short that accompanied the film in theatres. It follows a young boy on his first night working the family business alongside his father and grandfather.
- The Legend of Mor’du Short — This rousing new bonus short film will give fans the chance to delve deeper into the legend behind Mordu, as told by the eccentric witch who transformed him.
- Brave Old World — Fans will watch as members of the “Brave” production team investigate Scotland, exploring its land, culture, people and dialects. The research they gathered was brought thrillingly to life in the film. Also, fans will hear what actress Emma Thompson (voice of Queen Elinor) thinks of Pixar’s take on her homeland.
- Merida & Elinor — With the creation of Merida and Elinor, the Pixar filmmakers delved deep into the relationship between mother and daughter. Highlighting contrasts in character design, clothing, animation, voicing, even hairstyle, watch how the filmmakers explored this most important of relationships.
- Bears — Take a look inside the art and design behind the bears in Brave. Each of the bears, gentle Mum-Bear and terrifying Mor’du, demanded a different approach to creating their physical appearance and personality.
- Brawl in the Hall — A fascinating and hilarious inside look at the process of creating Brave’s fighting Scots, through animation, crowd simulation and fight choreography — not to mention a room full of grunting men whose vocal chortles added authenticity to the raucous scene.
- Wonder Moss – Fans will explore how Brave’s technical artists examined the real Scottish countryside and studied the laws of nature, then turned these findings into computer codes that would blanket Merida’s Scotland in lush moss, lichen and bracken.
- Magic — The magic and mystery of Scotland is revealed to fans in this charming feature about the legends — from mystical potions to the will-o’-the-wisps – seen in Brave.
- Clan Pixar — At Pixar, getting into character is a team effort. From making Haggis to Kilt Fridays to celebrating the Scottish poet Robert Burns, fans will see how the Brave production crew truly embraced Scottish themes and customs fueled the Pixar crew throughout the creation of Brave.
- Once Upon A Scene — A closer look at the evolution of the storylines throughout the production of the film, including alternative openings to the film and many deleted scenes.
- Extended Scenes — Three separate scenes are highlighted in their extended form. Director Mark Andrews discusses the decision making process that led to the shortened versions of these scenes.
- Director Commentary
BLU-RAY DISC 2 INCLUDES:
- ‘Fergus & Mor’du’ An Alternate Opening — Once upon a time, “Brave” had a different opening scene. Eventually cut from the film, fans can see it in its entirety in this bonus feature narrated by the film’s director Mark Andrews.
- Fallen Warriors Montage — A selection of deleted shots that were cut from the film late in production are presented to fans in various stages of completion through a video montage narrated by director Mark Andrews.
- Dirty Hairy People — Fans will enjoy this uproarious bonus feature discussing the development of Brave’s Scots – including the design of their hair, attire, and dirt-crusted physiques.
- It is English…Sort Of — This bonus feature helps fans interpret some of the more Scottish lines in the film, thanks to the real Scottish actors who play the key characters and contributed their own dialects and sayings.
- Angus — A look at Merida’s most trusted companion, Angus, a mighty Clydesdale.
- The Tapestry — Fans will learn the story behind this embroidered emblem of family unity, which was lovingly crafted by Brave’s team of artists.
- Promotional Pieces — This bonus includes promotional clips for Brave, including: ‘Feast Yer Eyes,’ ‘Relics,’ ‘Clan DunBroch,’ ‘Launch,’ and more.
- Art Gallery — A selection of breathtaking art from the creation of the film, showcasing characters, sets, scenes and stunning landscapes.
- Wee Gaffes – A video montage of simulation, animation and shot bloopers.
- Renaissance Animation Man – Get a look at Director Mark Andrews’ love of Scotland, sword-fighting, music and more!
- Teasers and Sneak Peeks
New DisneyStore.com arrivals and sales for August 17, 2012
Below is a list of new items and sales now available for purchase at DisneyStore.com. Clicking on a product’s image or description will launch the product’s page on DisneyStore.com in another window.
Note that this list is generated and posted automatically. Stitch Kingdom should not be held responsible for any inaccuracies, misinformation or item availability.
|2013 ”20 Years Running” Walt Disney World Marathon Performance Cap for Women- $24.95
Celebrate our ”20 Years Running” with the official 2013 Walt Disney World Marathon Performance Cap for Women. At home or in competition, you’ll cross the finish line without breaking a sweat in this cooling runner’s hat.
|2013 Walt Disney World Half Marathon Performance Cap for Women- $24.95
Join the most magical race on Earth with our official 2013 Walt Disney World Half Marathon Performance Cap for Women. At home or in competition, you’ll cross the finish line without breaking a sweat in this cooling runner’s hat.
|Vinylmation 3” Tomorrowland Set — 2-Pc.- $26.95
The future of your Vinylmation collection will be improved today with this Tomorrowland Set of 3” Vinylmation Figures. Disney artist Thomas Scott has created this limited edition pair of space age figures in celebration of the Disneyland theme land.
|2013 Walt Disney World Half Marathon Performance Cap for Men- $24.95
Join the most magical race on Earth with our official 2013 Walt Disney World Half Marathon Performance Cap for Men. At home or in competition, you’ll cross the finish line without breaking a sweat in this cooling runner’s hat.
|2013 ”20 Years Running” Walt Disney World Marathon Performance Cap for Men- $24.95
Celebrate our ”20 Years Running” with the official 2013 Walt Disney World Marathon Performance Cap for Men. At home or in competition, you’ll cross the finish line without breaking a sweat in this cooling runner’s hat.
|Pre-Order Finding Nemo Blu-ray and DVD 3-Disc Combo Pack with FREE Lithograph Set Offer- $24.99
Premiering on Blu-ray high definition and featuring perfect picture and sound, relive the breathtaking brilliance of Disney/Pixar’s Finding Nemo and dive into the heart and humor of this epic adventure on Blu-ray Combo Pack and HD Digital.
|Pre-Order Brave Blu-ray and DVD Combo Pack with FREE Lithograph Set Offer- $24.99
You’ll be whisked away on an astonishing adventure to an ancient land full of mystery and tradition. Bursting with heart, unforgettable characters and Pixar’s signature humor, Brave is incredible entertainment for the whole family.
|2013 Walt Disney World Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge Performance Cap for Women- $24.95
You’ll never goof wearing our official 2013 Walt Disney World Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge Performance Cap for Women. At home or in competition, cross the finish line without breaking a sweat in this cooling runner’s hat.
|2013 Walt Disney World Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge Performance Cap for Men- $24.95
You’ll never goof wearing our official 2013 Walt Disney World Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge Performance Cap for Men. At home or in competition, cross the finish line without breaking a sweat in this cooling runner’s hat.
|Vinylmation Park 9 Series 9” Figure — BoardWalk Clown Slide with 3” Mouseketeer- $74.95
This Vinylmation Park 9 Series 9” BoardWalk Clown Slide Figure will add a splash of color to your collection. Inspired by the popular Walt Disney World Resort water attraction, the Clown Slide figure comes with a 3” Mouseketeer Figure.