Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior unwrap a joyful slate of new holiday specials for kids and families beginning Friday, December 2. The festive fare includes the premiere of Disney Channel Original Movie “Good Luck Charlie, It’s Christmas!,” worldwide music sensation Justin Bieber performing his new holiday hit “Mistletoe” on “So Random!,” Grammy-Award winner Kelly Clarkson guest starring in a seasonal special of “Phineas and Ferb” and more.
Mickey Mouse celebrates the holidays with a cartoon-style Christmas tree this season as new decor adds merriment to Mickey’s Toontown for the 2011 holidays at Disneyland Resort. The holidays shine brightly throughout the resort from Nov. 14, 2011, through Jan. 8, 2012, as guests create memories for a lifetime.
ABC Family’s “25 Days of Christmas,” cable’s biggest programming event of the year, returns with 25 continuous days of holiday-themed entertainment for the whole family. From December 1 – 25, viewers can ring in the holidays with original movies, holiday specials and returning favorites.
This year, “25 Days of Christmas” will feature the world premiere of the ABC Family original holiday movie, “12 Dates of Christmas,” starring Amy Smart (“Just Friends,” “The Butterfly Effect”) and Mark-Paul Gosselaar (“Franklin & Bash,” “NYPD Blue”). Premiering Sunday, December 11 (8:00 – 10:00 PM ET/PT), “12 Dates of Christmas” follows a young woman who re-lives the same first date on Christmas Eve over and over again until she learns to open up her world to new things and stop living in the past.
The countdown to the 2010 “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” on ABC-TV has begun! Disney Online launched today a dedicated online destination on Disney.com for the annual holiday special, featuring behind-the-scenes and performance videos of Selena Gomez and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, as well as interviews with Debby Ryan, Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon and Ryan Seacrest. The site also includes television tune-in information, the parade telecast schedule, a Disney-themed holiday gift guide and great ideas for holiday recipes and crafts the whole family can enjoy.
- Behind-the-scene video segments with Selena Gomez and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
This holiday season there will be no Santa sweeter than the one on display at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel, an Epcot Resort Hotel. A life-size chocolate Santa – complete with armchair, fireplace and Christmas tree – sculpted entirely out of chocolate will be exhibited in the lobby of the Swan throughout December. A total of 1,200 lbs. of chocolate was used for the piece, which is colored to accurately portray Santa’s vibrant red suit, flowing white beard and green Christmas tree!
Ryan Seacrest poses with Minnie Mouse Dec. 3, 2010 while taping the “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” at the Magic Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. The annual holiday telecast airs Dec. 25, 2010 on ABC-TV. Seacrest hosts the special from the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Nick Cannon hosts from Disneyland Resort in California. Performers include Mariah Carey, Amber Riley, Selena Gomez, Lee DeWyze, Debby Ryan, Darius Rucker, Jackie Envancho and Sean Kingston.
Photo by Matt Stroshane, courtesy of the Walt Disney World Resort
For more of our coverage regarding the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade, click here.
Disney Parks has pulled out all the (silver) bells and whistles for the 2010 “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” TV special – including performances from five-time GRAMMY® Award-winning artist Mariah Carey, country music chart-topper Darius Rucker, singer/actress Amber Riley, Disney Channel stars Selena Gomez and Debby Ryan, young soprano sensation Jackie Evancho, “American Idol” Lee DeWyze, swing band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, professional dancers from ABC-TV’s “Dancing with the Stars” and R&B sensation Sean Kingston.
From start to finish, the 2010 “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” is packed with festive musical performances from Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California.
- Global pop superstar Mariah Carey gives fans a tuneful taste of her brand-new holiday album, “Merry Christmas II You,” with a new song, “Oh Santa,” and her perennial holiday smash, “All I Want For Christmas Is You”
- Big band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy gets the season swinging with “Christmas Is Starting Now” from the fun-filled holiday album, “Phineas & Ferb: Holiday Favorites”
- Professional dancers from ABC-TV’s smash-hit series, “Dancing With The Stars,” Tony Dovolani, Kym Johnson, Louis Van Amstel, and Chelsea Hightower, join in with a jovial jive
- Former Hootie & the Blowfish front man and current country music star Darius Rucker shares his new hit holiday single, “Candy Cane Christmas”
- Singer Amber Riley stars in a balcony performance above Main Street, U.S.A, as Disney princesses and princes join in a regal dance below
- R&B superstar Sean Kingston performs the holiday classic, “This Christmas”
- Disney Channel starlet Selena Gomez, from the Disney Channel hit show “Wizards of Waverly Place,” casts a holiday spell with the seasonal favorite, “Winter Wonderland”
- “American Idol” Season 9 Champion Lee DeWyze performs his own rousing rendition of “The Little Drummer Boy”
- Ten-year-old soprano sensation Jackie Evancho sings “Pie Jesu,” one of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s songs that she wowed audiences with this year on the TV show “America’s Got Talent”
- Direct from Disney Channel, “The Suite Life on Deck” star Debby Ryan rocks the parade route with her modern take on “Deck the Halls” from the all-new Disney holiday movie, “The Search for Santa Paws”; she’ll be joined by little Santa Paws himself, the star of the film, which is now available on Disney Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Movie Download
Ryan Seacrest leads the fun as the show’s host at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, and Nick Cannon hosts from Disneyland Resort in California. Maria Menounos serves as a special co-host at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, and Samantha Brown checks in as the show’s travel correspondent.
A recent entry in a thread on disboards.com regarding additional talent expected to perform during the Magic Kingdom portion of the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day parade whose performances are being taped today and tomorrow. As somewhat expected based on the previous couple of years, the 2010 ‘American Idol’ winner, Lee DeWize, was named as a performer by a cast member who was credited as the source. Although not mentioned by name, it’s probably very reasonable to expect that the ‘little girl’ from ‘America’s Got Talent’ will be ten year old Jackie Evancho who blew the house down with her unbelievable operatic voice as featured in the YouTube video below.
Admittedly it was a very targeted shot in the dark, but the Orlando Sentinel now provides official confirmation from the Walt Disney World Resort that ‘Suite Life On Deck’ co-star Debby Ryan will be performing in the Magic Kingdom portion of the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade as we first speculated late last month. Ryan was an easy pick for us as she performs in a music video for ‘Deck the Halls’ on the The Search For Santa Paws direct-to-video movie, following in the footsteps of Steve Rushton who had the same honor (give or take) last year.
According to an email sent to cast members confirmed to attend the taping of Magic Kingdom portion of the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade, certain performances will now be recorded on Thursday, December 2 as well as the following Friday and Saturday. This parrots the actions of the Resort last year when it came to taping the performances of the likes of Celine Dion, the Jonas Brothers, American Idol winner Kris Allen and more.