Check out this spankin’ new featurette featuring actor Jim Carrey, director Robert Zemeckis and more as they introduce all new footage to A Christmas Carol which makes its Disney Digital 3D debut in theaters November 6.
BURBANK, Calif., Sept. 13 — London will host a traditional Dickensian Christmas with a little Disney magic this holiday season as Jim Carrey, Colin Firth, Robin Wright Penn, Bob Hoskins and Academy Award -winning filmmaker Robert Zemeckis come together to celebrate the World Premiere of “Disney’s A Christmas Carol” on November 3, 2009. The festivities include a history-making coordinated Christmas Lights Switch-On: for the first time ever, the world famous Christmas Lights on Regent and Oxford Streets, plus the festivities in The City of London – at the very heart of Dickensian London – will share the same theme of “Disney’s A Christmas Carol.”
The World Premiere of the fantasy adventure film will take place at London’s Leicester Square, utilizing three cinemas to create the biggest-ever 3D premiere. Filmmakers and the stars from “Disney’s A Christmas Carol” will be on hand for the red-carpet celebration and subsequent film screening. The World Premiere is in support of the Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children; Dickens was a founding patron of the facility. As part of its continued efforts on behalf of the hospital, The Walt Disney Company will be making a donation.
“In the spirit of Charles Dickens himself, we’re bringing together three of London’s richest holiday traditions in an unprecedented city-wide–or rather a worldwide–celebration,” said Dick Cook, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios. “We’re expecting record-breaking attendance at the festivities, which will launch the holiday season, showcase our movie and celebrate the writer who, with the publication of ‘A Christmas Carol’ in 1843, virtually reinvented Christmas.”
– Regent Street, Oxford Street and The City of London will each be decked out with decor, live entertainers and holiday spirit–all themed to “Disney’s A Christmas Carol.”
– Jim Carrey, Colin Firth, Robin Wright Penn, Bob Hoskins and director Robert Zemeckis will take part in the celebration.
– Leicester Square will be bursting with its own holiday spirit, complete with Christmas carolers in period costumes, falling snow, live entertainment and several giant screens, allowing onlookers to witness each switch-on as it happens.
– The World Premiere will take place simultaneously in three theaters in Leicester Square: Odeon Leicester Square, Empire and Odeon West End, welcoming an audience of more than 4,000.
– Tickets to the World Premiere will be on sale Sept. 14 at www.londonschristmascarol.com.
– The World Premiere is in support of the Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children; Dickens was a founding patron of the facility. As part of its continued efforts on behalf of the hospital, The Walt Disney Company will be making a donation.
– The Regent Street Christmas lights were first launched in 1954.
– This year will mark the 50th Anniversary of the Oxford Street Christmas Lights.
Photos by WireImage. ©ImageMovers Digital LLC. All Rights Reserved. Courtesy of Walt Disney Studios.
From Sneak Peeks of Exclusive 3D Film Footage to Summertime Snow – Disney Pulls out All the Whistle Stops for 40-City Traveling Experience
BURBANK, Calif. — Disney is pulling out all the whistle stops and taking its show on the road with a spectacular immersive and interactive 40-city train tour including a 3D sneak peek of film footage from the upcoming movie “Disney’s A Christmas Carol,” it was announced today (05/08/09) by Dick Cook, chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. Set amidst a snowy backdrop—complete with all of the sights and sounds of Christmas including carolers, decorations, giveaways and many more surprises in each of the 40 cities—the Train Tour is being launched with HP on board as the title and technology sponsor and driven by Amtrak. This family event is for guests of all ages and is free to the public.
Starring Jim Carrey and directed by Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Robert Zemeckis, “Disney’s A Christmas Carol” opens in theatres November 6 in Disney Digital 3D™ and in IMAX 3D®.
Burbank, CA (April 9, 2009) – ABC Family has acquired a slate of theatricals including several network television premieres as part of an agreement with Disney-ABC Domestic Television. The network will air the network television premieres of the Walt Disney Pictures 3-D films “G-Force,” from producer Jerry Bruckheimer, in theaters this summer, and “A Christmas Carol,” starring Jim Carrey, to be released in theaters this November. The package also includes the network television premiere of “Beverly Hills Chihuahua,” and second position windows for the studio’s two recent films, “Race to Witch Mountain” and “Bedtime Stories.”
“Beverly Hills Chihuahua” is tentatively scheduled to make its network television premiere on ABC Family in 2010, “G-Force” in 2011 and “A Christmas Carol” in 2012. “Bedtime Stories” and “Race to Witch Mountain” will both tentatively mark their runs on the network in 2012.
Categories: Movies, Television Tags: A Christmas Carol, ABC Family, Adam Sandler, Andy Garcia, Bedtime Stories, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Cheech Marin, Colin Firth, Drew Barrymore, Dwayne Johnson, G-Force, Gary Oldman, George Lopez, Guy Pearce, Jerry Bruckheimer, Jim Carrey, Keri Russell, Nicolas Cage, Penelope Cruz, Race to Witch Mountain, Robert Zemeckis, Russell Brand, Sam Rockwell, Tracy Morgan