For a limited time only, iPad owners can purchase a copy of Disney Publishing’s Toy Story 2 and The Princess and the Frog Read-Along Apps for just $3.99 each, more than 50% off the original price. Plus each user that purchases one of the apps is entitled to one month free to Disney Digital Books, an online library of hundreds of Disney book classics and original titles featuring Disney’s most popular characters, a value alone of $8.95.
Each of the highly-rated Disney Read-Along apps for iPad give children a fully interactive reading experience packed with exciting games, sing-along tunes, multi-touch surprises, puzzles, and coloring pages. Children can hear the story read aloud, record their own narration or simply explore at their own pace.
Both read-along apps feature the following highlights:
- Cinematic, interactive storybook apps featuring characters from Toy Story 2 and Princess and the Frog.
- Two interactive reading modes allow kids to follow along as the story is read aloud, or explore at their own pace. Children can also select ‘Younger Reading Mode’ to simplify page turning.
- Children can play exciting games based on scenes from Toy Story 2 and Princess and the Frog. Kids can watch Woody soar above the town, help him to safety in “Hang Glider,” and have a blast with Buzz as they overcome thrilling obstacles in “Falling with Style.” Children can also discover their fortune with a mystifying interactive card game, or help Tiana and Naveen escape the bayou by catching fireflies in Princess and the Frog.
- Children can record their voice reading the story and hear it played back as narration.
- Children can tap characters and objects for sound effects and fun surprises.
- An interactive coloring feature that lets kids finger-paint and share their masterpieces with friends and family.
- Kids can sing along to songs from the movie.
- A visual page index allows kids the ability to jump to their favorite page.
- Children can turn pages manually and move back and forth through the story as they wish.
Between now and December 31, 2010, D23 members and up to 5 guests will receive a 15% discount off meals (excluding alcohol, taxes and gratuities) when they dine at the House of Blues at Walt Disney World’s Downtown Disney district when they present their D23 membership card to the server.
House of Blues was founded in 1992 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and has grown to more than a dozen eateries across the United States. Along with their sumptuous cuisine, House of Blues has played host to some of the biggest names in the recording industry in their Music Hall venues, and their infamous Gospel Brunch has become an institution with inspiring music and a bountiful buffet.
This offer cannot be combined with any other offers and is valid only at the House of Blues Orlando. Some restrictions may apply.
The subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service, “Disney Family Movies,” has partnered with content providers Comcast, Charter, Cox, AT&T U-verse, Suddenlink, Verizon FiOS and Avail TVN Affiliates to offer customers a free preview of the service from Thursday, September 2 through Monday, September 6.
“Disney Family Movies” provides the ultimate in family entertainment from one of the world’s largest film libraries, giving customers unlimited access to a selection of classic and contemporary films and animated shorts from The Walt Disney Studios. The one-of-a-kind movie service is entertainment the whole family can enjoy together from beloved hits to new popular favorites. Each title remains in rotation for about a month, with new movies added weekly.
Hosted by Phylicia Rashad, the “Disney Family Movies” free preview will offer a variety of classic and contemporary Disney films including the timeless animated classic “Pocahontas,” the zany adventure “Muppet Treasure Island,” the hit Disney-Pixar comedy “A Bug’s Life,” and the Disney-Pixar animated short “Monster Truck Mater,” which features the voice of Larry the Cable Guy.
Recently featured in Travel + Leisure, recognized by Apple’s iTunes team and highly rated amongst its customers, everyone now has a rare opportunity to pick up the best-selling Disney World Wait Times, Dining and Maps by Undercover Tourist for free thanks to the FreeAppADay project.
Features of the app include:
- Detailed Maps and GPS Locator – Enjoy accurate wait times, integrated in real-time, with park maps for Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. All of these locations can be found in just one App!
- Real-Time Data Points – Save time with over 2,000,000 wait time data points, all enhanced by real-time user submissions.
- Rides – Pre-plan with detailed information, including photos, descriptions, ratings and height / age requirements. The App filters the rides by age, family and Fast Pass. It also allows for rides to be added to your touring plan and marked as one of your favorites.
- Disney Dining – Cruise through menus for Disney World and Downtown Disney restaurants with new Disney World Resort restaurants added weekly to the App. Restaurant ratings, cuisine, cost and photos are also at your fingertips and can be added to your Favorites list or inserted into your Activities Scheduler.
- Export and Import Scheduling Information – You can plan your entire day at the Walt Disney World Theme Parks. The Schedule can also be e-mailed to your
family and friends.
- Planner – You can see opening hours, parade times, recommended parks and other special events up to 10 days in advance.
- Traffic Light System – You can choose the best parks and rides with the lowest crowds for each day of your trip.
- GPS Tools – After a long day at the parks, you can locate your vehicle, yourself or members of your group … fast.
- Ticket Purchase – You will have the exclusive ability on mobile to purchase discount attraction tickets through Undercover Tourist, the most trusted name in discount attraction tickets.
- Ticket Copy – You can take pictures of all your theme park tickets to keep track of everyone’s tickets in your group. Note: This feature is not a guarantee for having your tickets reissued. Officially, theme parks do not have to reissue lost tickets; it remains at their sole discretion, so be sure to be careful!
- Play a Game – You can pass time while waiting with a fun tile match memory game for kids of all ages.
- Functionality – Full functional with any iPhone having network coverage, including offline capabilities for iPod Touches, including full maps and ride information.
In addition to the app being free for a limited time, Undercover Tourist, which is an authorized ticket broker for Walt Disney World and Universal Studios Orlando, still has limited tickets available at the pre-August price. Click here for more information.
Membership in D23: The Official Disney Fan Club is already filled with exclusive perks, and now D23 Members who ‘Refer a Fan’ to the global community of Disney enthusiasts will receive very special gifts for making their friends a part of the magic.
When existing D23 Members refer new members to D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, the referring member will receive the following special rewards:
- Refer one (1) fan who becomes a new D23 Member, receive an exclusive collector pin created especially for the D23 Refer a Fan program
- Refer five (5) fans, receive an exclusive three-pin set featuring favorite Disney characters
- Refer 10 fans, receive a special tour of the Walt Disney Archives
- Refer 15 fans, receive a free, one-year Gold-level D23 Membership
This special ‘Refer a Fan’ program began on August 9, 2010, and continues through July 31, 2012, and is open to all existing D23 Members. This program applies to the purchase of new memberships (Gold or Silver-level) only and cannot be applied to the renewal of an existing membership.
D23 Members receive a host of special benefits throughout the year, including a one-year subscription to Disney twenty-three, the quarterly publication of D23 (Gold-level memberships only); access to special, member-only events throughout the year; annual membership gift from the Walt Disney Archives Collection; special discounts and offers on a wide range of products and services; and a suitable-for-framing membership certificate plus a personalized D23 membership card.
In addition, D23 Members will receive discounted admission to the 2011 D23 Expo and a number of special benefits during this ultimate Disney fan event.
Gold-level D23 memberships are $74.99, and Silver-level memberships – which provide all benefits with the exception of a Disney twenty-three subscription – are just $34.99 a year. All discounts and special promotions are available to both Gold- and Silver-level D23 Members.
ThinkGeek.com has listed its Disney-themed Japanese pocket puzzles at 50% off, now just $4.99 each. There are three different versions of the puzzle: Alice in Wonderland, Winnnie-the-Pooh and Mickey & Minnie Mouse.
Details along with a link for additional information and photos below:
As a commitment to the health and lifestyle of its Cast Members and their families, the Disneyland Resort has announced that it has begun selling groceries to its cast members at cost as of last week. More than 80 high-quality and healthy items including fresh produce, milk, lunch meat, bread, rice and pasta are available at the Cast Member store for Cast Members to purchase at the same price the Resort pays for the food.
Photo courtesy of the Disneyland Resort
DisneyStore.com Updates: ‘Toy Story 3′ Plushes and Toy Story Collection Bullseye Available, Disney Dooney & Bourke on Sale
Although the daily updates posted here at Stitch Kingdom of new items available at DisneyStore.com along with special deals posted daily via our @SK_TDSAlerts twitter account is usually enough, I felt there were a couple of new items and sales today that deserved their own special mention in case they got understandably overlooked with the dozens of other deals announced today.
Described as mini-beanies, these plushes feature many of the new characters introduced in Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story 3. Included in the collection are Dolly, Mr. Pricklepants, Twitch, Peas-in-a-Pod, Buttercup the unicorn, Trixie and Sparks who’s even articulated. They retail for $8.50 each or can be purchased for $14 for any combination of two of them.
For more information or to purchase them, you can click on the individual links above.
Also available for purchase now is the Bullseye from the Thinkway Toys Toy Story Collection. The 13″ film accurate plush has over 10 horse sounds and music items to play from the ‘Woody’s Roundup’ television show. Bullseye also responds to your voice and pretend galloping motions.
DisneyStore.com also now has your rare opportunity to purchase the very popular Disney-Dooney & Bourke fashion accessories on sale at a whopping 25% off. The discounted items are available in the Minnie Mouse and Faces of Mickey Mouse styles with the pouchette bags discounted to $44.95 and the satchel bags marked down to $131.99.
I know many of you have asked that we offer a daily email of the sales at DisneyStore.com and while that isn’t likely to happen any time soon, I promise there are bigger and better things on the way that we hope will blow you away. In the mean time, if you are interested in the sales, please check in with @SK_TDSAlerts on twitter. You don’t need a twitter account to read the sales it posts daily.
Available for purchase only on July 17, 2010, is this special D55 with the day’s date premium embroidery on any standard pair of mouse ears. They will be available at a limited number of retail locations including Main Street Mad Hatter, Fantasyland Mad Hatter, Gag Factory, Star Trader, World of Disney and Greetings from California. There is a limit of five per guest, available while supplies last. The ears will retail for $21.95 plus tax.
On July 17 only, Annual Passholders will also receive free basic embroidery on any purchased ears with a limit of five per passholder.
Beginning on July 18 through July 30 (or while supplies last), there will be a special alternate ’55 Years of Magic’ premium embroidery option at select retail locations including those mentioned above. These special edition ears are also limited to five per guest.
D23 has announced that D23 Members are now entitled to a 15% discount on all online purchases made at the ABC TV Store today through August 31.
To obtain the discount, members should use promotional code D23ABC to obtain the discount.