Alfred Angelo for Disney Collection Adds Rapunzel Gown, Royal Maidens, Royal Blossoms and Disney Veils
After an exciting first season for the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo bridal collection, Alfred Angelo in collaboration with Disney Consumer Products will introduce the 2012 collection along with styles for bridesmaids and flower girls at the National Bridal Market in Chicago this week. In addition, Alfred Angelo will debut a veil collection to complete the fantasy look for Disney brides. The 2012 bridal collection will continue to be affordably priced with styles starting in the $800 range. Dresses will be in stores worldwide by January.
The 2012 Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo bridal collection is inspired by the seven current Disney Princess characters (Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Tiana), and Rapunzel, who will officially become the newest Disney Princess on October 2, 2011 at a special royal celebration at Kensington Palace in London, England. Each gown incorporates modern style trends with the fantasy that is the core essence of each princess.
Michael Shettel, head designer for the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo collection, describes his new creations:
- Ariel’s gown is inspired by the gentle movement of the ocean’s tides. It features cascading ruffles, self made flowers with feather accents that softly sway and dance as if under the sea.
- This season, Belle’s grand ball gown is layered with graceful tulle and net and features a luxuriously bejeweled corset bodice that is filled with more enchantment than a storybook romance.
- Glamour and elegance define our Cinderella inspired gown. The exquisite form fitting shape puts a modern spin on the classic ball gown. Embellished with lace and beaded with crystals, the elongated bodice flows to a full tulle skirt.
- Jasmine’s multi tiered soft shimmer organza gown floats in ruffles and is topped with a dazzling jewel encrusted bodice–perfect for that magic carpet ride.
- Confident and dynamic, our Rapunzel inspired contemporary fitted gown features subtle draped taffeta reminiscent of the twists and turns of her long braided hair. The artistic nature-inspired floral sash twinkles with pearls and crystals like the lantern filled sky.
- Sleeping Beauty’s elegance and femininity resonates in a romantic rose colored bridal. The gently draped organza gown features a sweetheart neckline, along with subtle waist beading and rose-inspired flowers.
- Our tulle ball gown with its delicately draped satin bodice captures Snow White’s gentle grace and beauty. Hidden in the skirt’s pickups are lace vines and romantic flowers straight from her enchanted forest.
- Both modern and nostalgic, Tiana’s gown is a sophisticated choice for a magical transformation. The form-fitting, satin gown and organza cloud-of-dreams skirt is topped off with a lace and crystal sweetheart neckline that sparkles and shines like an Evening Star!
“Little girls never forget their first encounter with Disney Princess. Even long after they’re all grown up, the appeal of these characters and their stories are still magical,” said Robert Oberschelp, Director Disney Consumer Products. “Together, with our successful bridal gown collection, we look forward to offering brides a stunning array of choices that help bring even more magic to their fairy tale weddings with the new Royal Maidens and Royal Blossoms line.”
The “Royal Maidens” bridesmaid collection includes dresses in satin, luxe taffeta and chiffon, in an array of stylish silhouettes for the Disney bride’s “ladies in waiting”. Dresses will be available in up to 60 colors, including Disney-inspired shades like Enchanted Glow, Moonlight Waltz, and Royal Bloom. The collection will start at $159, and be available in sizes 0-18, 16W-30W.
The flower girl dresses, called “Royal Blossoms,” are designed as mini versions of the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo bridal gowns. The collection is offered for flower girls, but is also designed for special occasions and holidays. The flower girl collection will be available in sizes 2 toddler to girls size 16.
Disney plays host to over two-thousand weddings each year, with ceremonies occurring at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. And in February of 2007, Disney launched a Fairytale Wedding Collection by master party planner David Tutera, bringing celebrity style and cache to Disney Weddings. Then in April 2007, Disney partnered with Kirstie Kelly to create wedding dresses inspired by the Disney princesses.
However, for many couples, a wedding on Disney property is not a possibility because of high demand and travel or cost constraints. And with the Disney weddings website getting 60,000 visitors every month, it’s clear that many brides would love to bring a little Disney magic to their weddings, even if they can’t say ‘I do’ in Anaheim or Orlando.
Disney’s Fairytale Weddings will be just the tool for brides who want to feel like a Disney princess on their wedding day. With party planning tips from David Tutera, and a special wedding gown section written by Kirstie Kelly, any bride can turn her wedding into a fairytale come true.
Disney’s Fairytale Weddings, published by Disney Editions, is 192 pages and is available now from Amazon.com.
NEW YORK – October 18, 2009—Disney Consumer Products (DCP) and renowned couture designer Kirstie Kelly are launching an exquisite gown inspired by Princess Tiana, Disney’s newest princess in more than ten years and the first African American Disney Princess character from the highly anticipated animated musical film, The Princess and the Frog. The Tiana gown will take its place in the phenomenally successful Kirstie Kelly for Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings line as the signature piece of an all new collection of bridal gowns. The new collection also includes the Snow White Diamond Edition gown, all new “Maidens” for bridesmaids, “Blossoms” for flower girls and a new line of fine jewelry with renowned jeweler Mouawad, each inspired by a Disney Princess character.
Adding to her established collection of Disney princess-inspired wedding dresses for Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings, designer Kirstie Kelly will soon be adding new dresses inspired by Tiana from The Princess and the Frog and an all-new Snow White dress inspired by the Disney Diamond Edition of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
The new Snow White dress will be unveiled on the runway later this year, but Brides.com has an exclusive first look at the new dress which you can see here.
If you’ve visited the Disney Weddings website before, you’re in for a pleasant surprise. Although it still maintains an element of simplicity along with elegance, the Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings site has been re-launched and is better than ever.
The new site seamlessly integrates tons of information, planning tools and shopping for both weddings and honeymoons at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts as well as the Disney Cruise Line. There’s even a unique honeymoon registry system available. Instead of a Contact section, there’s Connect which provides all sorts of options for keeping tabs with the DFTW team of experts, including a blog in the near future.
Navigation is pretty straightforward throughout the site although it does seem to get lost when visiting the honeymoon registration page. Instead of the Disney Weddings navigation bar, you have the more generic Disney website toolbar on the top. Fortunately the browser’s back functionality still works though until they address it.