Downtown Disney Hotels Announce Third Annual ‘A+ for Teachers’ Contest; Nominations Now Being Accepted
Based on the positive response to their 2009 and 2010 initiatives to recognize and reward deserving teachers, the Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels have partnered once again with AirTran Airways and Walt Disney World® to hold the 2011 A+ For Teachers at Downtown Disney contest.
The third annual contest, which kicked off on January 17, 2011 and runs until April 15, 2011, asks students in grades 1 through 12 to nominate their favorite teacher by writing a brief essay and submitting it via www.downtowndisneyhotels.com. The essay should explain how the teacher has made a difference in the student’s life and will be judged on its relevance to theme, creativity, originality, and the merit of the teacher’s accomplishments as outlined in the essay.
Ten national winners will be chosen, and those students and their favorite teacher nominees each will win a vacation prize package that consists of:
- Four-day / three-night accommodations (for up to four family members) at one of the Downtown Disney® Resort Area Hotels
- Free airfare to Orlando (for up to four family members) on AirTran Airways (only for non-Florida residents)
- Four free Walt Disney World® one-day, one-park passes
- Four free tickets to the DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive theme park
- Complimentary breakfast at the hotel each day (for up to four family members)
“Downtown Disney® Resort Area Hotels want to celebrate those teachers who truly make a difference in the lives of their students in spite of the many challenges their schools are facing,” said Laurence Richardson, chairperson of the organization’s marketing committee. “Each year we’re amazed at the stories students submit about their teachers; so it’s difficult to select just 10 winners. There truly are many gifted teachers who deserve the recognition this national contest provides.”
This year’s A+ For Teachers at Downtown Disney contest winners will be notified directly by May 15, 2011 and also announced on the hotels’ website and Facebook page.