Due to political instability at their scheduled destinations, Disney Destinations has issued an alert notifying that itineraries involving Egypt and Tunis have been canceled and modified respectively.
For Egypt, this means that all of the new Adventures by Disney excursions have been canceled through August of 2011. Disney is in the process of reaching out to travel agents and customers who have booked the excursion to offer alternatives.
In the case of Tunis, which is a scheduled port of call on 10- and 11-night European Cruises aboard the Disney Magic, the scheduled stop is being replaced by Palermo, Italy. No additional timeframes have been offered.
Because these changes are also brought about by US Travel Advisories issued by the State Department, it’s possible that they will be extended beyond their scheduled changes as further developments abroad occur.
Adventures By Disney has announced a brand new itinerary featuring the country of Egypt which will begin in 2011. Bookings for the new tour begin on July 21, 2010.
Highlights of the 8- and 10-day Egypt itineraries include:
- Ride a camel at the Great Pyramids of Gizah, tour the Pharoah’s Boat Museum and come nose-to-nose with the Sphinx
- Learn to make papyrus and write your name in Egyptian hieroglyphics
- Enjoy three days of leisurely cruising on the Nile River from Aswan to Luxor, discovering ancient temples, tombs and treasures
- Shop and dine in the colorful Khan el-Khalili Market, Cairo’s ancient souk
- Experience the Nile on a felucca – the traditional sailing craft that have plied the river’s waters for thousands of years
- Travel with a licensed Egyptologist through ancient monuments and wonders of Egypt
- Junior Adventurers explore the Egyptian Museum while playing the Art Detective Game, The Case of the Missing Mummy.
For more information on the tour or to book, visit the Egypt itinerary section on the Adventures By Disney website.