This holiday season there will be no Santa sweeter than the one on display at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel, an Epcot Resort Hotel. A life-size chocolate Santa – complete with armchair, fireplace and Christmas tree – sculpted entirely out of chocolate will be exhibited in the lobby of the Swan throughout December. A total of 1,200 lbs. of chocolate was used for the piece, which is colored to accurately portray Santa’s vibrant red suit, flowing white beard and green Christmas tree!
For the 39th consecutive year, “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2011” will lead America into the New Year. Dick Clark and Ryan Seacrest will host the special with recently announced Times Square Correspondent Jenny McCarthy. The show will begin at 10:00 p.m., ET on Friday, December 31 on the ABC Television Network. Singer/songwriter Fergie of The Black Eyed Peas returns to host the Los Angeles-based party portions of the specials. The Los Angeles lineup includes performances by Jennifer Hudson, Willow Smith, Ne-Yo, Avril Lavigne, Drake, Jason Derulo, La Roux, Mike Posner, Natasha Bedingfield, Far East Movement and Train.
Ryan Seacrest poses with Minnie Mouse Dec. 3, 2010 while taping the “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” at the Magic Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. The annual holiday telecast airs Dec. 25, 2010 on ABC-TV. Seacrest hosts the special from the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Nick Cannon hosts from Disneyland Resort in California. Performers include Mariah Carey, Amber Riley, Selena Gomez, Lee DeWyze, Debby Ryan, Darius Rucker, Jackie Envancho and Sean Kingston.
Photo by Matt Stroshane, courtesy of the Walt Disney World Resort
For more of our coverage regarding the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade, click here.
Disney Parks has pulled out all the (silver) bells and whistles for the 2010 “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” TV special – including performances from five-time GRAMMY® Award-winning artist Mariah Carey, country music chart-topper Darius Rucker, singer/actress Amber Riley, Disney Channel stars Selena Gomez and Debby Ryan, young soprano sensation Jackie Evancho, “American Idol” Lee DeWyze, swing band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, professional dancers from ABC-TV’s “Dancing with the Stars” and R&B sensation Sean Kingston.
From start to finish, the 2010 “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” is packed with festive musical performances from Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California.
- Global pop superstar Mariah Carey gives fans a tuneful taste of her brand-new holiday album, “Merry Christmas II You,” with a new song, “Oh Santa,” and her perennial holiday smash, “All I Want For Christmas Is You”
- Big band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy gets the season swinging with “Christmas Is Starting Now” from the fun-filled holiday album, “Phineas & Ferb: Holiday Favorites”
- Professional dancers from ABC-TV’s smash-hit series, “Dancing With The Stars,” Tony Dovolani, Kym Johnson, Louis Van Amstel, and Chelsea Hightower, join in with a jovial jive
- Former Hootie & the Blowfish front man and current country music star Darius Rucker shares his new hit holiday single, “Candy Cane Christmas”
- Singer Amber Riley stars in a balcony performance above Main Street, U.S.A, as Disney princesses and princes join in a regal dance below
- R&B superstar Sean Kingston performs the holiday classic, “This Christmas”
- Disney Channel starlet Selena Gomez, from the Disney Channel hit show “Wizards of Waverly Place,” casts a holiday spell with the seasonal favorite, “Winter Wonderland”
- “American Idol” Season 9 Champion Lee DeWyze performs his own rousing rendition of “The Little Drummer Boy”
- Ten-year-old soprano sensation Jackie Evancho sings “Pie Jesu,” one of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s songs that she wowed audiences with this year on the TV show “America’s Got Talent”
- Direct from Disney Channel, “The Suite Life on Deck” star Debby Ryan rocks the parade route with her modern take on “Deck the Halls” from the all-new Disney holiday movie, “The Search for Santa Paws”; she’ll be joined by little Santa Paws himself, the star of the film, which is now available on Disney Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Movie Download
Ryan Seacrest leads the fun as the show’s host at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, and Nick Cannon hosts from Disneyland Resort in California. Maria Menounos serves as a special co-host at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, and Samantha Brown checks in as the show’s travel correspondent.
A recent entry in a thread on disboards.com regarding additional talent expected to perform during the Magic Kingdom portion of the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day parade whose performances are being taped today and tomorrow. As somewhat expected based on the previous couple of years, the 2010 ‘American Idol’ winner, Lee DeWize, was named as a performer by a cast member who was credited as the source. Although not mentioned by name, it’s probably very reasonable to expect that the ‘little girl’ from ‘America’s Got Talent’ will be ten year old Jackie Evancho who blew the house down with her unbelievable operatic voice as featured in the YouTube video below.
Admittedly it was a very targeted shot in the dark, but the Orlando Sentinel now provides official confirmation from the Walt Disney World Resort that ‘Suite Life On Deck’ co-star Debby Ryan will be performing in the Magic Kingdom portion of the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade as we first speculated late last month. Ryan was an easy pick for us as she performs in a music video for ‘Deck the Halls’ on the The Search For Santa Paws direct-to-video movie, following in the footsteps of Steve Rushton who had the same honor (give or take) last year.
According to an email sent to cast members confirmed to attend the taping of Magic Kingdom portion of the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade, certain performances will now be recorded on Thursday, December 2 as well as the following Friday and Saturday. This parrots the actions of the Resort last year when it came to taping the performances of the likes of Celine Dion, the Jonas Brothers, American Idol winner Kris Allen and more.
ABC Family celebrates the return of the network’s annual “25 Days of Christmas” programming event, now in its 13th year, with a new holiday theme song featuring the talents of singer/songwriter, Colbie Caillat. The song will make its ABC Family debut on Sunday, November 21 – the first day of the network’s “Countdown to 25 Days” event (November 21-30) — and will run throughout “25 Days of Christmas” (December 1-25). In addition, a full-length music video featuring Caillat (as part of the song’s new rendering) will make its worldwide premiere on the network the following day, Monday, November 22.
According to Mariah Carey tracker, MariahDailyJournal.com, future mom-to-be Mimi is scheduled to record a performance for the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade at the Magic Kingdom on Friday, December 3. The Disneyland portion, which has already been taped, featured performances by Selina Gomez and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and hosted by Mr. Carey himself, Nick Cannon, making it truly a bicoastal event. There’s little doubt Mariah will be performing a track from her recently released holiday album Merry Christmas II You. She has also recently taped a holiday television special which is scheduled to air on ABC December 13 and one of her tracks will be featured in the ABC Family original movie Christmas Cupid which airs the prior evening.
Yesterday we were proudly one of the first to report that free tickets for the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day parade had become available for the Walt Disney World portion taping on December 3 and 4. Within several hours, registration for the event had closed.
However our source contacted us later on in the day and guests who reach out to the email address provided by the registration are confirming that the Walt Disney World Resort is stating that the tickets issued were only intended for cast members and parade volunteers, not the general public. Instead, guests are being told that they can watch the parade taping if they are in the park, but that park admission is explicitly required. Walt Disney World has been responding to all ticket inquiries with the following boilerplate response: