Walt Disney World today announced its celebration plans for July 4, 2013, as well as what it calls ‘Independence Week’ (July 1-7), part of its year-long ‘Limited Time Magic’ campaign.
All week long, Walt Disney World will present its special fireworks program, ‘Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky’ at the Magic Kingdom, described as a ’15-minute 360-degree fireworks spectacular.’ Prior to the daily afternoon parade, ‘Celebrate a Dream Come True,’ Goofy, Donald and Pluto will lead a spirited procession down Main Street, U.S.A. The rousing pre-parade also features the Main Street Philharmonic, Citizens of Main Street and Walt Disney’s historic horse-drawn calliope. Patriotic-themed merchandise and tasty treats inspired by Americana will also be on the menu all week long.
Plans for the individual parks for Independence Day only include:
Epcot: Discovery Experiences at American Adventure spotlight American history and heritage. Guests can meet with Disney characters adorned in patriotic dress. An afternoon of live entertainment kicks off at 12:30 pm in the America Gardens Theatre with the Voices of Liberty Fourth of July concert. This holiday special is a harmonizing partnership of the eight-part, a capella Voices of Liberty, Spirit of America Fife and Drum Corps and Disney characters. The Heartbeat of Freedom, a special tribute following IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth lights up the sky at 10 p.m.
- Characters in patriotic dress are on set from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and from 3:30 – 6 p.m. outside near Kidcot (under the porte-cochere)
- Voices of Liberty showtimes at America Gardens Theatre are 12:30, 1:45, and 3 p.m. They are also doing two sets inside the American Adventure Rotunda at 4:15 and 5 p.m.
- Special showtimes for Slippery When Wet (Sounds Like Summer concert series) on the Fourth of July are 5:15, 6:30, 7:45, and 9 p.m.
Disney Hollywood Studios: Enjoy a twist on traditional fireworks with the all-new ‘Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration.’ The party begins at the Sorcerer Hat with a DJ at 6 pm. At 7, 8, 9 and 10 p.m., Mulch, Sweat & Shears will take you on a musical road trip through America. Everything leads up to a special rock ‘n roll fireworks presentation at 10:15 p.m.
Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky
Guests celebrating the Fourth of July at Walt Disney World Resort will have a choice of fireworks shows as Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios present special pyrotechnics, and Epcot adds a patriotic “tag” to its famous “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” spectacular. Here’s what’s in store (entertainment and park hours are subject to change without notice):
- Magic Kingdom – “Celebrate America Fireworks” will fill the sky at 9 p.m. July 4 (guests who’d like to begin the celebratory weekend a day early can enjoy the special fireworks on July 3 at 9 p.m.). After the fireworks, guests can enjoy Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” of lights, music and magic at 10 p.m. and midnight on July 4 (on July 3, the parade will be at 10:30 p.m.). Park hours on July 4 are 8 a.m.-1 a.m.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Special fireworks set to a rock ‘n’ roll soundtrack will be presented at 9:50 p.m. on July 4, providing guests with a bonus nighttime entertainment extravaganza to complement “Fantasmic!” (which will be at 9 and 10:30 p.m.). Park hours on July 4 are 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Epcot – “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” which features dazzling special effects, colorful lasers, brilliant fireworks, and fiery torches all choreographed to a musical score, becomes even more dynamic on July 4 as the normal show is supplemented with a patriotic finale. The performance begins at 10 p.m. Earlier in the day, guests will be treated to the Voices of Liberty 4th of July Concert – featuring an expanded cast of singers plus the Spirit of America Fife and Drum Corps and Disney characters – at 12:30, 1:45 and 3 p.m. on the America Gardens Theatre stage. Park hours on July 4 are 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Guests can enjoy all the regular attractions and shows on July 4 from 8 a.m.-8 p.m.?
Last night, the Magic Kingdom previewed its spectacular Fourth of July fireworks program known as Celebrate America and fortunately we were right there in the middle of it all to capture it for you. While there’s no humanly way possible we could replicate the magic and the spectacle of it all, we hope that you enjoy watching the video as much as we did making it.
Embedded below is the playlist which will automatically play the second half once the first half is completed. If you prefer to watch a larger version on YouTube, you can access the playlist directly.