Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment today announced that the complete second season of the popular ABC television series, ‘Once Upon A Time‘ will be released on Blu-ray on August 13, 2013 and is now available for pre-order from Amazon.com.
Viewers are invited to relive every thrilling moment of the fairy tale-inspired series when ‘Once Upon a Time: The Complete Second Season’ casts its tantalizing spell onto Blu-ray/DVD. The curse is broken, magic has arrived, and there’s no telling what — or who — will be unleashed! Now the exiled fairy tale characters must grapple with a flood of awakened memories as they come to grips with their new ‘reality.’ Old loyalties will be tested, new heroes will emerge, and vengeful villains will wreak havoc. Amidst the backdrop of previously unexplored lands and a newly magical Storybrooke, love and sacrifice will set the stage for the ultimate battle between good and evil.
From Storybrooke to Fairy Tale Land and beyond, experience all the mystery, romance, action and adventure of the second season of ‘Once Upon a Time.’ Featuring all 22 remarkable episodes and exclusive bonus features, this must-own, five-disc boxed set is pure enchantment on an epic scale.
Bonus features are set to include:
- A Fractured Family Tree – Explore the tangled magical genealogy behind the series’ fairytale family.
- Sincerely, Hook – Set sail with Colin O’Donoghue (Killian Jones/Captain Hook) and learn more about the man behind the hook.
- Girl Power – Enjoy a high impact look at Storybrooke’s fearless females as they fight for love and justice between the realms of magic and reality.
- The Fairest Bloopers of Them All – Fans will laugh-out-loud with outtakes from the latest season.
- Deleted Scenes – Experience never-before-seen moments from the magical series.
- Audio Commentaries – Join the cast and crew as they share details about what it was like to make each spellbinding episode come to life.
‘Once Upon a Time’ stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.
Inside ‘Disney twenty-three’ Fall 2012 Edition: California Adventure, ‘Frankenweenie,’ ‘Once Upon a Time’
Available on newsstands beginning August 14, the fall 2012 edition of Disney twenty-three, the full-color over-sized official magazine of Disney D23, will take Disney enthusiasts on an exciting trip starting at the recent Buena Vista Street and Cars Land expansion at Disney California Adventure and straight through to a sneak peek at Tim Burton’s upcoming Frankenweenie, with other exciting stops along the way.
The ‘complete insider’s guide’ to the Disney California Adventure expansion will take readers on a journey through the stunning reimagining of the park with exclusive interviews, breathtaking photography, and surprising details straight from Disney Imagineers, who designed the new buildings, attractions and entertainment featured in the park.
‘Disney fans around the world are flocking to Disney California Adventure to experience the extraordinary transformation of the park,’ said Steven Clark, D23 head. ‘With the fall issue of the magazine, we decided to take D23 Members more deeply than ever into the making of 20 new attractions and shows that have been added to the park during the five-year expansion.’
The fall issue also celebrates ABC’s hit series ‘Once Upon A Time,’ looking at the show’s roots in Disney mythology and offering a sneak peek at its upcoming second season. The story features exclusive interviews with the show’s creators and stars, including Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin – a D23 Member who opens up about her love of all things Disney.
Other highlights of the fall 2012 edition of Disney twenty-three include:
- Unlock the doors of ‘D23 Presents Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives’ and see some of the iconic pieces now on display at The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library & Museum
- Get early details from director Tim Burton on his latest monster of a movie, Frankenweenie
- Pay tribute to groundbreaking author and futurist Ray Bradbury with a heartwarming remembrance by Disney Legend Marty Sklar
- Celebrate Disney Legend Alice Davis, who recently received a window on Disneyland’s Main Street, U.S.A., next to her late husband, Marc, one of Walt Disney’s famed ‘Nine Old Men’
- Get answers to ’23 Questions’ with Newsies star Bill Pullman
As always, Disney D23 gold level members, who receive a copy of the magazine as part of their membership, can look forward to a little something extra. The gold level member edition of Disney twenty-three includes the full wrap-around cover seen below as well as a bonus gift: a magnetic ‘postcard’ celebrating the Disney California Adventure expansion.
Plus, for the first time ever, D23.com will feature exclusive online articles in conjunction with the magazine. Beginning August 14, 2012, the following online articles will be available to read:
- Featuring exclusive artwork, Imagineer Kevin Rafferty reveals the initial plans and ideas for ‘Carland’ — the car-themed land that was in development for Disney California Adventure before it became Cars Land
- ABC’s ‘Once Upon a Time’ showcases 23 ‘hidden’ Disney references embedded in its first season
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ stars Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Raphael Sbarge and Josh Dallas reveal their favorite Disney movies, characters, theme park attractions and memories
- Exclusive outtakes from Disney twenty-three‘s interview with Frankenweenie director Tim Burton
Disney twenty-three is delivered directly to the doorstep of all D23 Gold Members, along with a special gift. Disney twenty-three magazine is also available at retail locations across the country for $15.95, and can also be purchased online at DisneyStore.com and throughout the Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts.
In support for its second season, ABC has announced a full panel for ‘Once Upon A Time,’ featuring its stars and creators. Moderated by TV Guide magazine’s William Keck, the panel will consist of co-creators and executive producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz and cast members Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Josh Dallas, Emilie de Ravin and Meghan Ory.
The panel will take place on Saturday, July 14 from 11:00 am – 11:45 am in Ballroom 20 and will be followed by an autograph session in Room 28C from 12:15 – 1:00 pm.
In addition, Warner Brothers has announced it will be presenting its new ABC series, ’666 Park Avenue.’ The pilot for the supernatural series will be screened on Wednesday, July 11 in Ballroom 20 as well as during the panel on July 13 in room 6BCF from 12:45 – 1:45. The panel will consist of show talent Terry O’Quinn, Rachael Taylor and Dave Annable along with executive producers David Wilcox and Matthew Miller.
In addition, Warner Brothers Television has announced that the series will be highlighted as one of the designs of the special San Diego Comic-Con limited edition keycards distributed by area hotels.