Walt Disney World today announced its celebration plans for July 4, 2013, as well as what it calls ‘Independence Week’ (July 1-7), part of its year-long ‘Limited Time Magic’ campaign.
All week long, Walt Disney World will present its special fireworks program, ‘Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky’ at the Magic Kingdom, described as a ’15-minute 360-degree fireworks spectacular.’ Prior to the daily afternoon parade, ‘Celebrate a Dream Come True,’ Goofy, Donald and Pluto will lead a spirited procession down Main Street, U.S.A. The rousing pre-parade also features the Main Street Philharmonic, Citizens of Main Street and Walt Disney’s historic horse-drawn calliope. Patriotic-themed merchandise and tasty treats inspired by Americana will also be on the menu all week long.
Plans for the individual parks for Independence Day only include:
Epcot: Discovery Experiences at American Adventure spotlight American history and heritage. Guests can meet with Disney characters adorned in patriotic dress. An afternoon of live entertainment kicks off at 12:30 pm in the America Gardens Theatre with the Voices of Liberty Fourth of July concert. This holiday special is a harmonizing partnership of the eight-part, a capella Voices of Liberty, Spirit of America Fife and Drum Corps and Disney characters. The Heartbeat of Freedom, a special tribute following IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth lights up the sky at 10 p.m.
- Characters in patriotic dress are on set from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and from 3:30 – 6 p.m. outside near Kidcot (under the porte-cochere)
- Voices of Liberty showtimes at America Gardens Theatre are 12:30, 1:45, and 3 p.m. They are also doing two sets inside the American Adventure Rotunda at 4:15 and 5 p.m.
- Special showtimes for Slippery When Wet (Sounds Like Summer concert series) on the Fourth of July are 5:15, 6:30, 7:45, and 9 p.m.
Disney Hollywood Studios: Enjoy a twist on traditional fireworks with the all-new ‘Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration.’ The party begins at the Sorcerer Hat with a DJ at 6 pm. At 7, 8, 9 and 10 p.m., Mulch, Sweat & Shears will take you on a musical road trip through America. Everything leads up to a special rock ‘n roll fireworks presentation at 10:15 p.m.
Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky
Tomorrow morning, May 11, 2013, Disney Consumer Products will officially welcome Merida into its Disney Princess line of products with a celebration fit for — well, a princess. The event will take place at 9:30 am ET at Cinderella Castle in the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida as part of the Limited Time Magic campaign. Merida will become the 11th princess in the royal family and is expected to be joined on stage by the existing set of ten in a rare opportunity. Rumors indicate a possible even rarer appearance by Merida’s mum herself, Queen Elinor, just in time for Mother’s Day.
In commemoration of the event, a special limited release tee shirt has been created for children (sizes 4T – XL) as seen here. At the Magic Kingdom, the tee shirt will be available only tomorrow at the Main Street Emporium and only while supplies last. However, for those unable to attend or purchase the tee shirt, Disney Store is now selling the tee shirt online for just a limited time (now through May 14) with the only downside being that you’ll have to wait 6 – 8 weeks delivery.
Advertised as one of its Limited Time Magic events exclusively for Passholders, the Disneyland Resort has announced that it will be offering annual passholders to attend a special presentation of the Animation Academy, located at the Animation Building at Disney California Adventure, hosted by animator Eric Goldberg, best known for characters such as Genie, Phil, Louis and Rabbit.
Goldberg will offer four presentations to passholders for free on May 17, each lasting approximately 45 minutes. Registration is required to receive a wristband for admission and can be obtained on May 17 at the Animation Building beginning at official park opening.
For additional information, visit the official event page.
Disney Parks has updated its ‘Limited Time Magic’ schedule to include events that begin today, February 1 and run through February 11, 2013.
At the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort is the ‘Countdown to Super Sunday,’ running from February 1 through February 9. There will be a daily pre-parade including an MVP appearance on February 4. Just before the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade, Disney football ‘star’ Goofy will hit the streets of the park for a lively pigskin celebration.
Also from February 1 to February 9, 2013, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland will be dishing up Super Sunday menu items, including ‘Soup-er Bowls’ of lobster bisque and tomato basil bisque.
Meanwhile at Disneyland Resort’s Disney California Adventure, it’s all about the Lunar New Year, from February 8 through February 11. Guests are invited to celebrate the Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures for the most magical Lunar New Year Party under the moon. Festivities include Mulan’s Chinese New Year Procession, cultural performances and fun-filled activities — as well as Disney Character greetings with Mulan, Mushu, Mickey and Minnie dressed in traditional Chinese outfits. A limited-edition pin will be available while supplies last.
During True Love Week, a tapestry of romance is woven throughout the resorts — from limited- time Valentine’s merchandise and special entertainment, to romantic dinners for two and new themed photo locations offering greetings with beloved Disney sweethearts – all for a limited-time only.
The weeklong event celebrates the love of friends and family, and invites couples to rekindle the flame. Here is the lineup:
WALT DISNEY WORLD
- Romantic Setting: Guests will feel the romance at every turn, as banners proclaiming True Love, heart-shaped signage and sweetheart-themed décor adorn the Magic Kingdom.
- Blushing Castle: At dusk, hues of pink, red, lavender and blue bathe Cinderella Castle with themed lighting synced to a musical melodies adding to the ambiance.
- Dinners for Two: Candlelit dinners for two with prix fixe menus at select restaurants during the most romantic week of the year. Specially-created menus at Artist Point (Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort); The Wave…of American Flavors (Disney’s Contemporary Resort); Hollywood Brown Derby (Disney’s Hollywood Studios); Yachtsman Steakhouse (Disney’s Yacht Club Resort) make an ideal setting for a romantic evening. To book visit Disneyworld.com or call 407/WDW-DINE.
- Valentine’s-themed Takeaways: Limited-edition pins, plushes, newly-designed apparel and Vinylmations available at select merchandise locations.
- Royal Gathering: The rare opportunity to get a photo with Disney Princes as they escort their Princesses to enchanting character greeting locations.
- In Town Square Theater you may find Mickey and Minnie, Aurora with Phillip or Rapunzel and Flynn. Mary Poppins joins Bert in Fantasyland, while Prince Naveen and Princess Tiana meet guests in the Enchanted Glade in Liberty Square.
- Romantic Photo Locations in Magic Kingdom with your Sweetie:
- Carriage Awaits: New Fantasyland invites lovers to create memories alongside Cinderella’s Glass Coach situated by the new Castle wall for True Love Week.
Wishes Come True: Hearts and flowers enhance Cinderella’s Wishing Well creating the perfect backdrop for a cherished moment.
- Rose Walk: The Rose Garden in Central Plaza is all decked out with enchanting decor.
- Romantic Touches: Long stem roses, chocolate covered strawberries, the finest champagne, or scattered rose petals create a romantic scene for lovebirds, all available through the Disney florist at www.disneyflorist.com.
- Elegant Oasis for Relaxation: An aromatherapy couples’ massage is just the escape after a day with the kids in the theme park. Couples’ massages are available at the newly opened, full-service Senses, A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
- Perfectly Princess: Join your prince for the ultimate fairytale come true with a customized Disney wedding or honeymoon getaway. More than 1,000 couples get married, or renew their wedding vows in romantic settings in various locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort every year. Visit DisneyWeddings.com for more information.
- Romantic Setting: Guests will feel the romance at every turn, as banners proclaiming True Love Conquers All, heart-shaped signage and sweetheart-themed décor adorn Disneyland Park.
- Blushing Castle: At dusk, hues of red and pink will bathe Sleeping Beauty Castle, with projections of flowers and hearts.
- Floral Heart: A giant floral heart makes a sweet setting for a Valentine photo, in Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland.
- Valentine Wishes: Flowers, garlands and decorative doves will create a second ideal location around Snow White Wishing Well near Sleeping Beauty Castle. At night, magical lighting adds a romantic touch to the wishing well and Snow White Grotto.
- Disneyland Sweethearts: Also near Town Square, guests will find a photo location with resident Disneyland sweethearts – Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck.
- Dinners for Two: Romantic dinners for two with prix fixe menus will be offered at select restaurants during the most romantic week of the year. Specially-created menus at Blue Bayou and Café Orleans in Disneyland, Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure Park, Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel or Napa Rose in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel make ideal choices for a romantic evening. To book call 714-781-DINE (714-781-3463).
- Cupcake Lovers: Chefs have prepared a specially themed Valentine’s dessert: a chocolate cupcake with raspberry mousse filling and dark chocolate mousse frosting. It will be available at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café in Disneyland, Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café and Pacific Wharf Café in Disney California Adventure, and Disneyland Hotel Coffee House.
- Valentine’s-themed Takeaways: Limited-edition pins, plush, newly-designed apparel and Vinylmations will be available at select merchandise locations.
- Ears for your Sweetheart: The classic Disneyland ear hat gets a total glitz makeover just in time for the most romantic time of the year. It will dazzle your Valentine and become the most sophisticated pair of ears in your collection.
- Royal Romance: Guests will enjoy a rare opportunity to get photos of Disney Princes as they escort their Princesses along The Royal Walk in Fantasyland. In New Orleans Square, guests will find another pair of sweethearts, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.
- In Search of True Love: Guests may also encounter the Wandering Wallflowers, in search of “true love.”
Disney Parks has updated its official Limited Time Magic schedule to include ‘Long Lost Friends Week’ at the Walt Disney World Resorts.
According to the description, ‘for one week—from January 21 to January 27, 2013—some long-lost Disney friends are returning to Magic Kingdom park to meet you and your family! Be sure to have your camera ready, as this is a rare chance to brush shoulders with classic Disney Characters like Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar, Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, The Three Little Pigs and more!’
An addition was also made to the Disneyland Resort section of the page, in which promotes a discounted 3 day park hopper bonus ticket through February 27.
Disney Parks has updated its official Limited Time Magic schedule to include two upcoming events at both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.
At Walt Disney World’s Epcot, the Canadian pavilion will play host to a ‘magical Winter Wonderland’ where guests are invited to play in ‘snow.’ The Limited Time Magic experience will also provide an opportunity to mix and mingle with some unspecified Disney Characters, though Canada has famously played host to Koda and Kenai from Disney’s Brother Bear in the past. The special event runs from January 14, 2013 through January 20.
Meanwhile at the Disneyland theme park in Anaheim, the Bayou Bash and Mardi Gras returns to New Orleans Square. Princess Tiana is joined by Louis the Alligator in this tribute to the Big Easy’s infamous annual celebration. For 4 weekends (January 18 – 21, January 25 – 27, February 1 – February 3 and February 8 – 12), the streets of New Orleans Square will be filled with jazz music, street performances and Cajun cuisine.
With the recently announced ‘A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue’ show at the Disneyland theme park as part of the Limited Time Magic campaign, Disneyland is offering annual passholders the opportunity to partake in an exclusive dinner show edition of the performance. Available on select days during the show’s run (Thursdays through Mondays, January 10 through February 4, 2013), the dinner will take place during the 6:30 performance and include a meal inspired by the original show’s menu. In addition, each attending passholder will receive a commemorative musical keepsake and souvenir Golden Horseshoe boot mug.
The cost to attend the dinner show is $35 per passholder (ages 3 and older) and reservations may be made by contacting (714) 781-PASS (up to 8 passholders per reservation). If needed, a Blockout Day ticket must also be purchased and presented the day of the event.
The menu is as follows:
Starter: Corn chips in a souvenir Golden Horseshoe boot mug
Entrees: Black forest ham and roast beef sandwiches
Sides: Golden raisin and carrot salad, Yukon golden potato salad, Very Berry fruit salad
Children’s Menu (available upon request): 2 PB&J sandwiches with sides
Vegetarian Option (available upon request): Vegetable and cheese sandwiches with sides
Beverages: Mint Julep, water, coffee
Dessert: Walt & Lilly’s 30th Anniversary Celebration Cake
Watching the ball drop in New York’s Times Square won’t be the only reason to stay up late this New Year’s Eve. As promised in the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade special, Maria Menounos will be announcing a brand new sweepstakes called ‘Disney Time’ kicking off January 1, 2013. For the entire month of January, Disney Parks will be giving away one dream vacation a day.
The sweepstakes is open to those living in the United State and Canada (excluding Quebec). Entrants may enter daily by choosing one of their choice of the following vacations, at either the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts:
Character Cuddles and Happy Happenings
If you believe in the magic of Disney, this is the vacation for you! You’ll be greeted with a welcoming in-room décor package, enjoy up-close cuddly encounters at a Disney Character dining experience and get special VIP viewing at a Disney Theme Park parade or show. This is a magical 5-day/4-night vacation for 4 that includes air transportation, hotel accommodations, Theme Park tickets, Disney’s PhotoPass® Service, $500 Disney Gift Card, a welcome basket, with extra special magical surprises and delights.
New Discoveries and Magic Makeovers
Get ready to be immersed in Disney magic from being a character to conquering evil villains! This vacation includes two Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Princess makeovers or two Pirates League experiences*, or one of each. Disney’s Family Magic Tour, a fun guided interactive quest to save the Magic Kingdom® Theme Park from a dastardly Disney Villain scheme, is also included. Plus you’ll share extra hugs and giggles at a Character Dining experience. This is a magical 5-day/4-night vacation for 4 that includes air transportation, hotel accommodations, Theme Park tickets, Disney’s PhotoPass® Service, $500 Disney Gift Card, a welcome basket, along with special surprises and delights for big and little believers who wish be part of the magic.
Wild Fun and Amazement
If you like your entertainment big, wild and colorful, this vacation is for you! At Walt Disney World® Resort, this vacation has you diving into some cool water park thrills, taking a Wild Africa Trek through the Pangani Forest for some close creature encounters at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park and enjoying amazing dinner extravaganzas like Fantasmic! Dining at Walt Disney World® Resort. At Disneyland® Resort, it’s special World of Color dining and viewing*, a one-day Adventures By Disney® Lights! Camera! Magic! Tour of Hollywood and Fantasmic! V.I.P. seating with desserts included. This vacation is action packed with eye-popping shows and entertainment! It’s a delightful 5-day/4-night vacation for 4 that includes air transportation, hotel accommodations, Theme Park tickets, Disney’s PhotoPass® Service, $500 Disney Gift Card, a welcome basket, along with special adventures you’ll never forget!
Big Thrills Beyond the Theme Parks
Looking for fun and adventure beyond the Disney Theme Parks? This is your kind of vacation! At Walt Disney World® Resort, dive into some Water Parks thrills, enjoy a shopping spree, and choose from a world of recreational options from kayaking to miniature golf. At Disneyland® Resort, enjoy an Adventures By Disney® Lights! Camera! Magic! experience, plus a shopping spree and a special World of Color Dining and viewing* experience. It’s an all-out fun 5-day/4-night vacation for 4 that includes air transportation, hotel accommodations, Theme Park tickets, Disney’s PhotoPass® Service, $500 Disney Gift Card, a welcome basket, along with special thrills and options that are sure to keep you smiling.
Grownup Fun and Romance
Who says a Disney Parks vacation is just for kids? There’s nothing more magical that adult time in and around the Disney Parks, with unlimited kidlike playtime too if you wish. At Walt Disney World® Resort, enjoy some Water Park thrills, a fine dining experience for four, plus a round of golf or spa treatment. You have great choices. At Disneyland® Resort, take in some fine dining and a night on the town at Downtown Disney. The entertainment is plentiful, and you’ll get to do it up right! This vacation is a fun-filled 5-day/4-night vacation for 4 that includes air transportation, hotel accommodations, Theme Park tickets, Disney’s PhotoPass® Service, $500 Disney Gift Card, a welcome basket aet and special surprises and delights for grownups without kids.
And of course, 2013 is the year the Limited Time Magic campaign, with the initial schedule recently being announced.
For more information about the Disney Time Sweepstakes, full rules and to enter, visit the official site at DISNEYTIMESWEEPS.COM.
WE HAVE THE ANNOUNCEMENT. FOR FULL DETAILS ABOUT THE DISNEY TIME SWEEPSTAKES, PLEASE VISIT
(not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company)
It’s time to let the memories end — or at least subside for a while. While Disney Parks has made no secret that 2013 will be the year of ‘Limited Time Magic,’ a series of celebrations throughout the year, such as those announced this morning, they’re mostly being mum about just plain ol’ ‘Disney Time’ — mostly.
As we reported earlier today, Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade co-host Maria Menounous teased that she would be making a bit announcement this New Year’s Eve during ABC’s broadcast of the Dick Clark New Year’s Eve programming, just as she had done for the ‘One More Disney Day’ special event held at both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts during Leap Year. We claim that part of the announcement will be a new sweepstakes, due to the registration of websites such as DISNEYTIMESWEEPS.COM and DISNEYTIMESWEEPSTAKES.COM and even DISNEYTIME.CA, but we believe ‘Disney Time’ to be the foundation of a new year-long (or longer) campaign, just as ‘Let the Memories Begin,’ and ‘Year of a Million Dreams’ served.
Below is a video released by Disney Parks earlier today which features Menounos as she talks about what ‘Disney Time’ means to her, recorded at some point during the parade taping at Walt Disney World in early December. ‘Whether it was getting pictures with the characters or getting splashed on Splash Mountain, that’s what “Disney Time’ is all about,’ she says in the video. She adds: ‘It’s when parents push the pause button on day-to-day grown-up stresses and become kids, playing with their kids — it’s like every body’s the same age.’
We will continue to report on the ‘Disney Time’ campaign as information becomes available to us. A formal announcement is expected shortly before midnight on December 31, 2012.
UPDATE #1: 12/28/12 We now have a second video promoting ‘Disney Time’ at Disney Parks, this one featuring a graffiti artist whose seemingly abstract work ends up creating the perfect re-creation of Main Street USA. Featuring the tag line ‘Disney Moments: Everyday Everywhere,’ it also ends with the #DisneyTime Twitter hashtag.