Disney announced today that multiple GRAMMY® Award–winning superstar Mariah Carey has recorded the song, ‘Almost Home,’ for Oz The Great and Powerful, the studio’s highly anticipated fantastical adventure, directed by Sam Raimi, releasing in theaters nationwide on March 8, 2013.
As Disney Cruise Line’s newest member of the fleet, the Disney Fantasy, is moored at Pier 88 in New York City awaiting her christening tomorrow evening, we have received reports that Disney Cruise Line crew members working at the terminal have been advising details on who will be attending tomorrow’s festivities along with the most highly anticipated reveal of all: the ship’s Godmother.
Disney Parks has pulled out all the (silver) bells and whistles for the 2010 “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” TV special – including performances from five-time GRAMMY® Award-winning artist Mariah Carey, country music chart-topper Darius Rucker, singer/actress Amber Riley, Disney Channel stars Selena Gomez and Debby Ryan, young soprano sensation Jackie Evancho, “American Idol” Lee DeWyze, swing band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, professional dancers from ABC-TV’s “Dancing with the Stars” and R&B sensation Sean Kingston.
From start to finish, the 2010 “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” is packed with festive musical performances from Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California.
- Global pop superstar Mariah Carey gives fans a tuneful taste of her brand-new holiday album, “Merry Christmas II You,” with a new song, “Oh Santa,” and her perennial holiday smash, “All I Want For Christmas Is You”
- Big band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy gets the season swinging with “Christmas Is Starting Now” from the fun-filled holiday album, “Phineas & Ferb: Holiday Favorites”
- Professional dancers from ABC-TV’s smash-hit series, “Dancing With The Stars,” Tony Dovolani, Kym Johnson, Louis Van Amstel, and Chelsea Hightower, join in with a jovial jive
- Former Hootie & the Blowfish front man and current country music star Darius Rucker shares his new hit holiday single, “Candy Cane Christmas”
- Singer Amber Riley stars in a balcony performance above Main Street, U.S.A, as Disney princesses and princes join in a regal dance below
- R&B superstar Sean Kingston performs the holiday classic, “This Christmas”
- Disney Channel starlet Selena Gomez, from the Disney Channel hit show “Wizards of Waverly Place,” casts a holiday spell with the seasonal favorite, “Winter Wonderland”
- “American Idol” Season 9 Champion Lee DeWyze performs his own rousing rendition of “The Little Drummer Boy”
- Ten-year-old soprano sensation Jackie Evancho sings “Pie Jesu,” one of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s songs that she wowed audiences with this year on the TV show “America’s Got Talent”
- Direct from Disney Channel, “The Suite Life on Deck” star Debby Ryan rocks the parade route with her modern take on “Deck the Halls” from the all-new Disney holiday movie, “The Search for Santa Paws”; she’ll be joined by little Santa Paws himself, the star of the film, which is now available on Disney Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Movie Download
Ryan Seacrest leads the fun as the show’s host at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, and Nick Cannon hosts from Disneyland Resort in California. Maria Menounos serves as a special co-host at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, and Samantha Brown checks in as the show’s travel correspondent.
Admittedly it was a very targeted shot in the dark, but the Orlando Sentinel now provides official confirmation from the Walt Disney World Resort that ‘Suite Life On Deck’ co-star Debby Ryan will be performing in the Magic Kingdom portion of the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade as we first speculated late last month. Ryan was an easy pick for us as she performs in a music video for ‘Deck the Halls’ on the The Search For Santa Paws direct-to-video movie, following in the footsteps of Steve Rushton who had the same honor (give or take) last year.
According to Mariah Carey tracker, MariahDailyJournal.com, future mom-to-be Mimi is scheduled to record a performance for the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade at the Magic Kingdom on Friday, December 3. The Disneyland portion, which has already been taped, featured performances by Selina Gomez and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and hosted by Mr. Carey himself, Nick Cannon, making it truly a bicoastal event. There’s little doubt Mariah will be performing a track from her recently released holiday album Merry Christmas II You. She has also recently taped a holiday television special which is scheduled to air on ABC December 13 and one of her tracks will be featured in the ABC Family original movie Christmas Cupid which airs the prior evening.
Christina Milian, Ashley Benson and Chad Michael Murray star in ABC Family’s new holiday movie, “Christmas Cupid,” premiering during ABC Family’s annual 25 Days of Christmas on Sunday, December 12, at 8:00PM ET/PT. Milian (“Bring It On: Fight to the Finish,” “Snowglobe”) stars as Sloane Spencer, a high powered Hollywood publicist who finds herself haunted by the ghost of her recently departed infamous client Caitlin (Ashley Benson, “Pretty Little Liars”). With just days before Christmas, Caitlin takes Sloane on a journey to meet the ghosts of her ex-boyfriends from the past, present and future to try and guide her to true love in a modern day take on the Charles Dickens’ holiday classic story A Christmas Carol.
From the Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles, ABC Television Network presents international superstar Mariah Carey in the music special, “Mariah Carey: Merry Christmas to You,” Monday, December 13 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET). The special will feature Mariah performing songs from her new holiday album, Merry Christmas II You, available Tuesday, November 2nd on the Island Def Jam Music Group.
Viewers are in for a special treat as Carey sings unforgettable renditions of yuletide classics and original tunes, including her new holiday hit, “Oh, Santa!” In the spirit of giving, the program will also feature Carey surprising some very special fans and helping to make their wishes come true.
There is no bigger Mariah Carey fan than the talented and charismatic Finis Gaston, a shining star in his own right in his Baker, Florida neighborhood. Imagine his surprise when the music legend came to the small town where he takes care of his niece and nephews. Finis was coaching one of his cheerleading sessions yesterday, Monday, October 18, when Carey announced to the Gaston family that they are the latest recipients of an “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.”