MINDstyle has just updated its blog with a couple of entries of particular interest to those attending D23 Expo (and perhaps even some who aren’t). Filled with photos from inside the Anaheim Convention Center as well as a look at some D23 exclusives and a sneak peek at dozens of new entries into the Project 626 Vinyl project which is essentially a Stitch version of Vinylmation.
- Of course the biggest news is that very shortly after we released a readable D23 Expo schedule, D23 released the full guide in PDF format that will be distributed at the Expo. If you haven’t already, you should get it now from the Expo schedule page. If for some reason it gets updated between now and Thursday, we will alert you as soon as possible via twitter and facebook.
- Panelists have been named for each of the films in the 50 and Fabulous film festival which is jam-packed with Disney Legends such as Dave Smith, Tommy Kirk and Mary Costa amongst others. More info on the film festival’s page here.
- Mice Age obtained a photo peeking in on the Expo setup which doesn’t show much more than a 3D banner, but hey, it’s something. Check it out here.
- Sonny with a Chance star Doug Brochu announced via his twitter that he will be ‘signing autographs’ from 2 – 3 pm on Thursday (no details as to where exactly)
- Making its debut in very limited quantities at the D23 Expo is this stunning 8.5″ tall sculpture of Princess Tiana from the Walt Disney Classics Collection (retail $125). For more details and photos, please visit Duckman’s blog here.
- Remember that awesome contest D23 announced to find the official portrait for Donald Duck in honor of his 75th birthday and that the winner will have the ultra-rare Duckster award bestowed upon them? Unfortunately it appears that D23 left off the award information in their schedule and guide but we are told that the winner will be announced and receive the Duckster just prior to the commencement of the D23 Auction.
- While we’re on the topic of D23 merchandise and exclusives, Disney collectibles licensee MINDstyle has served up photos (but sadly a lack of information) of their The Black Hole’s V.I.N.CENT collectible, this time painted in colors paying tribute to TRON. See here for more photos.
- Kiwi Rhiannon who has decided D23 Expo is just a bit too far down the street from New Zealand to attend has started up her own FaceBook group to provide support to those who aspire to one day be able to attend the Expo (and in her case, even become a D23 member).
- If and when and where possible, we will be live-tweeting events on our twitter. We cannot guarantee it will make it to FaceBook so if you want to keep up to date on the events, please consider following us for the duration of the Expo. Of course summaries and additional updates will be posted here on the site.
Disney Consumer Products Unveils D23 Expo Plans: Dream Home, Tiana Wedding Gown, Lifesize LEGO Mural, So Much More
ANAHEIM, Calif. — August 20, 2009 — Disney’s spectacular product lines will come to life like never before in over 20,000 square feet of fun-filled interactive experiences and activities at the inaugural D23 Expo, where the entire world of Disney will come together under one roof at the Anaheim Convention Center in California from Sept. 10-13. Disney Consumer Products (DCP) will treat fans to a sneak peek of the latest and most innovative Disney products as well as the chance to meet and hear from the artists and designers that bring them to life.
D23 Expo attendees will have the premier opportunity to visit the first-ever Disney Dream Home, stroll through 30 years of history of Disney-inspired Hallmark keepsake ornaments, witness Disney Fine Art created right before their eyes, and immerse in the magic of a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding where guests will get a first look at the yet-to-be-unveiled Princess Tiana wedding gown inspired by The Princess and the Frog. They will go behind the scenes of Disney products through a series of events and presentations including fashion shows, art galleries, appearances by best-selling authors such as Ridley Pearson and artists such as Thomas Kinkade, and seminars describing the creative process by Disney toys and electronics designers.Plus, they will be part of a special introduction to the history and future of Disney Store by Disney Stores Worldwide president, Jim Fielding, and much more.
There will be fun for the whole family at the Disney Creativity Center hosted by Crayola, the Disney Princess Story time and Royal Manners event, the Baby Einstein World of Discovery Center, and a magnificent live LEGO building event of Disney characters with the help of Master Builders.
Categories: D23 Expo, Merchandise Tags: 20K Leagues Under the Sea, Baby Einstein, BOOM! Studios, Collectibles, Crayola, D23, D23 Expo, Dave Barry, DCP, Disney Dream Home, Disney Store, Don Hahn, eFX, eFX Inc., Hallmark, Jason Surrell, Jim Fielding, LEGO, Mickey By, Mindstyle, Nautilus, Princess and the Frog, Retro 51, Ridley Pearson, TDS, Thomas Kinkade, Tiana, VCD
Making their debut at the FX Show in Orlando, Mindstyle brings us the first series of the Experiment 626 Project where artists have been commissioned to give Stitch a whole new look.
The vinyl collectibles stand a proud 5″ tall and retail for about $25 each.