‘Kingdom Keepers III: Disney in Shadow’ Author Ridley Pearson to Make Appearances April 6-7 at Walt Disney World
On Tuesday, April 6, Ridley will be signing at Once Upon a Toy in the Downtown Disney Marketplace from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
On Wednesday, April 7, Ridley will be appearing at MouseGear in Epcot (theme park admission required) from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
About Kingdom Keepers III: Disney in Shadows:
When Disney Imagineers installed hologram guides for the Magic Kingdom, using teenage models they had no idea the technology might backfire. But backfire it did: some nights when the kids go to sleep, they wake up in one of the Disney parks as a hologram.
With the adventures set forth in the first books now behind them, Kingdom Keepers 3: Disney In Shadow follows the five teens, Finn, Philby, Willa, Charlene, and Maybeck as they search to find Wayne, their mentor and head Imagineer who has mysteriously gone missing. Concerned Wayne has been abducted by the Overtakers-Disney villains, who along with other Disney characters, take over the parks when the turnstiles stop spinning, and want desperately to steer the parks to a far darker place-the five kids pick up a major clue from a close friend, Jez, whose dreams (nightmares, really) often accurately predict the future.
The very few clues from Jez’s dream lead the kids into Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot–through imaginary worlds that become real, by imaginary kids who are real. Each clue seems tied to the last, and with the stakes growing ever higher, what starts out as a puzzle ends up as a fight for their lives. Through a transparent paper box, a quest for a sword, rides on Soarin’ and Maelstrom, life-and-death encounters with giant snakes, and a devious Maleficent, the Kingdom Keepers not only begin to decipher deeper meanings to the clues, but discover new truths about themselves and their ever-growing friendships.
Hannah Montana actor and Disney recording artist Mitchel Musso will be making appearances where he will meet & greet with his fans and sign his self-titled CD.
On September 3, Mitchel will be appearing at Studio Disney 365 in Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort from 1-2 pm. Only one item per guest may be signed and the item must be purchased at the event, so no personal items will be allowed. Photography will be allowed, but no posing is allowed with Mitchel. Guests are asked to queue up no earlier than 6 am.
Mitchel will be performing later that evening at the House of Blues Anaheim. For tickets, please visit www.houseofblues.com
On September 18, Mitchel will be appearing at Once Upon a Toy in the Downtown Disney Marketplace at Walt Disney World, at a time yet to be determined.
Only one item per guest may be signed and the item must be purchased at the event, so no personal items will be allowed. Photography will be allowed, but no posing is allowed with Mitchel. Guests are asked to queue up no earlier than 6 am.
Mitchel will be performing later that evening at the House of Blues Orlando. For tickets, please visit www.houseofblues.com
It is the classic game of LIFE with a chilling spin. Welcome to the After-LIFE incorporates the stories, mythology, history and the scary fun of the Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disneyland Paris Haunted Mansion attraction (known as Phantom Manor in Paris) to create an otherworldly game play experience.
If you’ve played THE GAME OF LIFE, then you’re in for a real treat (and a few tricks!) It’s all here from the game you know, but re-imagined to take place on the grounds of Master Gracey’s vast, decrepit, and mostly haunted estate. You may encounter the “soul” mortal — the Grounds Keeper and his dog — as you travel through the After-LIFE. There will be trials and tribulations as you, kind spirit, encounter a hitch-hiking ghost or three, all the while trying to accumulate the most screams along the way. If you are the spirit to arrive at the FINAL RESTING PLACE with the most accumulated screams you will be welcomed as the 1,000 ghost at the Haunted Mansion.
On Friday, August 21, you can meet board game artists Quynh Kimball, Garret Webb & Derek Lesinski at Once Upon a Toy in the Downtown Disney Marketplace as they celebrate the launch of the newest member of the Disney-branded classic board games, available only at the theme parks. Times for the event are 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Don’t forget your death certificate!
Spook-tacular facts about The Game of Life: Haunted Mansion, Welcome to the After-Life Edition
- The game board centers on extending the stories of the four stretch paintings found within the Haunted Mansion.
- Elements from inside and outside the Mansions tucked with in the game board. Can you find the musical instruments? “Tomb Sweet Tomb”? Transformation paintings? Tombstones? Busts from the library, the pet cemetery, the ghosts and ghouls, the five roses?
- The buildings include the Haunted Mansion from Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disneyland Paris (aka Phantom Manor), a crypt, a carriage house, the Grounds Keepers shack, and a BOO-niversity. The buildings and spinner are glow-in-the-dark.
- The spinner is inspired by Madam Leota’s table, complete with tarot cards on the table, a melted candle on the spinner and a raven who watches your every move.
- The bridges hold a few surprises of their own
- The movers are modified Doombuggies, to hold you and your “passengers” along the path of the After-LIFE.
- Also included are new elements not found at the Mansions but would certainly be found at the Gracey Estate.
- The “Scareer” cards have images of the classic spirits residing in the Haunted Mansion and a few more that have long since been unseen, until now.
- And of course, there are Hidden Mickeys — see how many you can find on the game board and on the cover.
UPDATE: Courtesy of Ghost Relations, here are some additional photos from actual game play. Click on any of the thumbnails to view its original size or click the PicLens link to start the slideshow.