Disney Parks and ABC Television have provided us with several images from taping that took place this past weekend and last month at both Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom and the Disneyland Resort for its 29th annual Christmas Day Parade. Full details on the parade including performances, floats and air times can be found in our previous report from earlier today.
The countdown to the 2010 “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” on ABC-TV has begun! Disney Online launched today a dedicated online destination on Disney.com for the annual holiday special, featuring behind-the-scenes and performance videos of Selena Gomez and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, as well as interviews with Debby Ryan, Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon and Ryan Seacrest. The site also includes television tune-in information, the parade telecast schedule, a Disney-themed holiday gift guide and great ideas for holiday recipes and crafts the whole family can enjoy.
- Behind-the-scene video segments with Selena Gomez and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Ryan Seacrest poses with Minnie Mouse Dec. 3, 2010 while taping the “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” at the Magic Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. The annual holiday telecast airs Dec. 25, 2010 on ABC-TV. Seacrest hosts the special from the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Nick Cannon hosts from Disneyland Resort in California. Performers include Mariah Carey, Amber Riley, Selena Gomez, Lee DeWyze, Debby Ryan, Darius Rucker, Jackie Envancho and Sean Kingston.
Photo by Matt Stroshane, courtesy of the Walt Disney World Resort
For more of our coverage regarding the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade, click here.
Disney Parks has pulled out all the (silver) bells and whistles for the 2010 “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” TV special – including performances from five-time GRAMMY® Award-winning artist Mariah Carey, country music chart-topper Darius Rucker, singer/actress Amber Riley, Disney Channel stars Selena Gomez and Debby Ryan, young soprano sensation Jackie Evancho, “American Idol” Lee DeWyze, swing band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, professional dancers from ABC-TV’s “Dancing with the Stars” and R&B sensation Sean Kingston.
From start to finish, the 2010 “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” is packed with festive musical performances from Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California.
- Global pop superstar Mariah Carey gives fans a tuneful taste of her brand-new holiday album, “Merry Christmas II You,” with a new song, “Oh Santa,” and her perennial holiday smash, “All I Want For Christmas Is You”
- Big band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy gets the season swinging with “Christmas Is Starting Now” from the fun-filled holiday album, “Phineas & Ferb: Holiday Favorites”
- Professional dancers from ABC-TV’s smash-hit series, “Dancing With The Stars,” Tony Dovolani, Kym Johnson, Louis Van Amstel, and Chelsea Hightower, join in with a jovial jive
- Former Hootie & the Blowfish front man and current country music star Darius Rucker shares his new hit holiday single, “Candy Cane Christmas”
- Singer Amber Riley stars in a balcony performance above Main Street, U.S.A, as Disney princesses and princes join in a regal dance below
- R&B superstar Sean Kingston performs the holiday classic, “This Christmas”
- Disney Channel starlet Selena Gomez, from the Disney Channel hit show “Wizards of Waverly Place,” casts a holiday spell with the seasonal favorite, “Winter Wonderland”
- “American Idol” Season 9 Champion Lee DeWyze performs his own rousing rendition of “The Little Drummer Boy”
- Ten-year-old soprano sensation Jackie Evancho sings “Pie Jesu,” one of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s songs that she wowed audiences with this year on the TV show “America’s Got Talent”
- Direct from Disney Channel, “The Suite Life on Deck” star Debby Ryan rocks the parade route with her modern take on “Deck the Halls” from the all-new Disney holiday movie, “The Search for Santa Paws”; she’ll be joined by little Santa Paws himself, the star of the film, which is now available on Disney Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Movie Download
Ryan Seacrest leads the fun as the show’s host at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, and Nick Cannon hosts from Disneyland Resort in California. Maria Menounos serves as a special co-host at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, and Samantha Brown checks in as the show’s travel correspondent.
A recent entry in a thread on disboards.com regarding additional talent expected to perform during the Magic Kingdom portion of the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day parade whose performances are being taped today and tomorrow. As somewhat expected based on the previous couple of years, the 2010 ‘American Idol’ winner, Lee DeWize, was named as a performer by a cast member who was credited as the source. Although not mentioned by name, it’s probably very reasonable to expect that the ‘little girl’ from ‘America’s Got Talent’ will be ten year old Jackie Evancho who blew the house down with her unbelievable operatic voice as featured in the YouTube video below.
Admittedly it was a very targeted shot in the dark, but the Orlando Sentinel now provides official confirmation from the Walt Disney World Resort that ‘Suite Life On Deck’ co-star Debby Ryan will be performing in the Magic Kingdom portion of the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade as we first speculated late last month. Ryan was an easy pick for us as she performs in a music video for ‘Deck the Halls’ on the The Search For Santa Paws direct-to-video movie, following in the footsteps of Steve Rushton who had the same honor (give or take) last year.
According to an email sent to cast members confirmed to attend the taping of Magic Kingdom portion of the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade, certain performances will now be recorded on Thursday, December 2 as well as the following Friday and Saturday. This parrots the actions of the Resort last year when it came to taping the performances of the likes of Celine Dion, the Jonas Brothers, American Idol winner Kris Allen and more.
According to Mariah Carey tracker, MariahDailyJournal.com, future mom-to-be Mimi is scheduled to record a performance for the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade at the Magic Kingdom on Friday, December 3. The Disneyland portion, which has already been taped, featured performances by Selina Gomez and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and hosted by Mr. Carey himself, Nick Cannon, making it truly a bicoastal event. There’s little doubt Mariah will be performing a track from her recently released holiday album Merry Christmas II You. She has also recently taped a holiday television special which is scheduled to air on ABC December 13 and one of her tracks will be featured in the ABC Family original movie Christmas Cupid which airs the prior evening.
Yesterday we were proudly one of the first to report that free tickets for the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day parade had become available for the Walt Disney World portion taping on December 3 and 4. Within several hours, registration for the event had closed.
However our source contacted us later on in the day and guests who reach out to the email address provided by the registration are confirming that the Walt Disney World Resort is stating that the tickets issued were only intended for cast members and parade volunteers, not the general public. Instead, guests are being told that they can watch the parade taping if they are in the park, but that park admission is explicitly required. Walt Disney World has been responding to all ticket inquiries with the following boilerplate response:
Registration is now open to participate as a spectator for the taping of the Magic Kingdom portion 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade. Tickets are free and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration is the same as last year and one registration form allows you to sign up for both (or either) Friday, December 3 and Saturday, December 4. Typically, staged events are taped on Friday while the parade portion itself is taped on Saturday.
Note that registration for the site is NOT required, you may elect to ‘order’ the free tickets as a guest. Also, an email indicating that you have successfully registered does NOT guarantee you access to the parade, you must receive additional confirmation at a later date.