The Oriental Land Company, owner and operator of the Tokyo Disney Resort, today announced big plans for the popular ‘world famous’ Jungle Cruise attraction located in the Adventureland section of its Tokyo Disneyland theme park.
Disney Parks and Resorts today advised it has begun pulling the complimentary mini-fridges from all of its hotels at Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Aulani Resorts due to a possible manufacturer’s defect. The only locations unaffected by this move are DVC rooms, the cabins at Fort Wilderness and family suites at Disney’s Art of Animation and All-Star Music resorts. The replacement of said refrigerators is expected to take upwards of four months or more by rough estimation.
In response to the maneuver, Walt Disney World will make available a limited number of refrigerators that may be requested in advance, but cannot be guaranteed.
The Disneyland Resort has recently updated its list of upcoming refurbishments for the Disneyland and Disney California Adventure theme parks, the highlights of which we are passing on below:
- Big Thunder Mountain is scheduled to remain closed until October 31
- Starcade upper floor is scheduled to remain closed until January 2014
- Mad Tea Party is scheduled to close on August 19 and re-open on August 30
- Haunted Mansion is scheduled to close on August 26 and re-open on September 13, presumably with its traditional Nightmare Before Christmas overlay
As a follow up to tweets and Facebook statuses we posted last night regarding some recent changes to the Walt Disney World Resort refurbishment schedule, we would like to formally share these changes here on the site. So without further ado:
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room at Magic Kingdom is currently expected to close on July 31 and is expected to re-open on August 29, 2013.
- Peter Pan’s Flight at Magic Kingdom is currently expected to close on September 30 and is expected to re-open on November 14, 2013.
We received a few new updates from Walt Disney World over the past week or so regarding upcoming refurbishments and have new additions as well as several date revisions. While we recommend verifying all of the changes by visiting our ReSearch page, here are some of the highlights:
- Main Street Bakery — which is being converted over to the Magic Kingdom’s Starbucks location — is now slated to open on June 19, 2013. This is actually the second delay we have seen before (it was initially slated to open on May 18, then was pushed back to May 28).
According to internal documents dating various refurbishments around the Walt Disney World, we can currently expect Walt Disney World’s first in-park Starbucks to open at the Magic Kingdom theme park on May 18, 2012.
The restaurant will be located at the Main Street Bakery which is scheduled for closure between January 6, 2013 and May 17, indicating it will emerge as a Starbucks-branded location on May 18, 2013. As with its west coast counterpart, the Main Street, USA location Starbucks will remain themed to its location with cast members donning costumes that lend themselves to the theme park’s land.
We received a new update from Walt Disney World regarding upcoming refurbishments and have new additions as well as several date revisions. While we recommend verifying all of the changes by visiting our ReSearch page, here are some of the highlights:
- Mad Tea Party at Magic Kingdom is scheduled to close on January 7, 2013 and re-open on February 19.
- Splash Mountain dates revised to close on January 2 and re-open on March 20, 2013.
- The Boneyard at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will have another 2-day closure, closing October 24, 2012 and re-opening on October 26.
It should come as no surprise, but now the official Walt Disney World Resort website has been updated to advise that Splash Mountain in Magic Kingdom’s Frontierland will be closing for its nearly-annual slow season refurbishment beginning on
February 3, 2013 January 4, 2013 and re-opening on March 21.
In other news, while the official site still shows a tentative re-opening date for Test Track at Epcot, the Disney Parks blog has reported that it will re-open on December 6, 2012, the same day that New Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom will have its grand opening.
The official Walt Disney World Resort website has been updated to advise that the existing ‘Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set’ play area refurbishment at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been extended through November 16, 2012. It is also listing the Studio Backlot Tour (and subsequently the AFI Showcase exhibit) as being closed from November 1, 2012 through November 16, however it is being reported elsewhere that the closure will actually begin in October, likely on the 8th.
We will update with official dates as they become available to us. The official website calendar has been updated to reflect the October 8 closure date.
Ever since its refurbishment was announced back in May, speculations have run rampant about changes being made to ‘Country Bear Jamboree,’ located in Frontierland of the Magic Kingdom theme park in Walt Disney World. Initial rumors had the show being cut in length and have since grown to include cutting out peripheral characters out completely to the return of the holiday overlay and more. The only certain element regarding the rumors was that for every rumor proposed, there was at least another that contradicted it and proposed something else.