In the Disney Channel original movie, Teen Beach Movie, teen surfers McKenzie and Brady are magically transported into a 1960’s beach movie. They figure they just need to blend in until they can find a way to get back home. However, blending isn’t easily done when everyone around them routinely breaks into song and dance seemingly for no reason. And when they accidentally interfere with the plot of the movie and make the romantic leads Tanner and Lela fall for them instead, it looks like they might be stuck for good.
While the movie will premiere on Disney Channel on July 19, the soundtrack will be available on July 16 and is currently available for pre-order from Amazon.com. The track list is as follows:
1. Oxygen – Maia Mitchell
2. Surf Crazy – Spencer Lee, Kelly Hawkes and Cast
3. Cruisin For a Bruisin – Ross Lynch, Grace Phipps, Jason Evigan
4. Falling for Ya – Grace Phipps
5. Meant to Be – Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell, Grace Phipps, Spencer Lee
6. Like Me – Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell, Grace Phipps, Spencer Lee & Cast
7. Meant to Be (Reprise 1) – Grace Phipps, Spencer Lee
8. Can’t Stop Singing – Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell
9. Meant to Be (Reprise 2) – Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell
10. Surf’s Up – Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell & Cast
11. Coolest Cats in Town – Spencer Lee, Grace Phipps, Jason Evigan
12. Surf Crazy Finale – Cast
Via the description for its junior novelization (titled Teen Beach Movie), we have learned that the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie, Teen Beach Musical, is set to premiere on Disney Channel on July 19, 2013.
The movie begins on the last day of summer, and McKenzie’s (Maia Mitchell) surf and sand life is about to be upturned when she departs for boarding school to fulfill her family’s dream to graduate from the elite institution. But when she and Brady (Ross Lynch) find themselves literally transported into his favorite classic beach musical, set in the 1960s, about a rivalry between the surfers and bikers and a star-crossed teenage boy who likes a girl, he is ecstatic for endless summer while she is eager to get back home to keep her promise to her family about her schooling. While they hatch a plan to get back to present day, the duo try to blend in and understand 1960s teenagers, but it’s not so easy when everyone around them spontaneously breaks into song and dance. And when they accidentally interfere with the plot of the movie and the lead characters, surf guy Tanner (Garrett Clayton) and biker girl Lela (Grace Phipps), fall for them, instead of each other, Brady and McKenzie fear their fate may be changed forever.
Music, magic and merriment come together when Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida present the 29th annual “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” holiday TV special, airing December 25 on the ABC Television Network. Hosts Nick Cannon and Mario Lopez, along with co-host Maria Menounos,lead the two-hour telecast with GRAMMY® Award-winning trio Lady Antebellum headlining the seasonal celebration.Joining the trio during the coast-to-coast party are international superstars Backstreet Boys, soulful pop songstress Colbie Caillat, two-time CMA Award winner Brad Paisley, Christian music chart-topper TobyMac, “American Idol” Season 11 champion Phillip Phillips, Gospel legend Yolanda Adams and Disney Channel star Ross Lynch.
The award-winning television spectacular also features special appearances by Sarah Hyland, Nolan Gould and Aubrey Emmons-Anderson from ABC’s hit comedy “Modern Family,” actor Patrick Warburton, Olympic Gold Medal-winning gymnast Gabrielle Douglas, and the popular pint-sized duo from daytime TV, Sophia Grace & Rosie. Travel expert and television personality Samantha Brown checks in throughout the program, filling families in on the fun they can experience at Disney Parks in the upcoming year. Brown also will share other ways to vacation with Disney, including Aulani – A Disney Resort & Spa in Hawaii, Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise Line.
Don’t Miss a Moment of the Magic!
Tune-in times are as follows, on the ABC Television Network (check local listings): Eastern Standard Time: 10 a.m.-noon; Central, Mountain, Pacific Standard Time: 9-11 a.m. The show also will air in Canada on CBC Network, and across the globe on the American Forces Network.
From country crooners to princes of pop, some of today’s top musical talents lend their voices to celebrate the holidays in this year’s “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” TV special:
- Country/pop supergroup Lady Antebellum shares a song from their brand-new holiday album, On This Winter’s Night;
- Celebrating their 20(th) anniversary, Backstreet Boys are back – just in time for the holidays – with a new single “It’s Christmas Time Again”;
- Acoustic queen Colbie Caillat shares a sun-drenched ballad from her newest album, Christmas in the Sand;
- Country superstar Brad Paisley joins his pals Lightning McQueen and Mater for a revved-up performance in the brand-new Cars Land at Disneyland Resort.
- Musician/actor Ross Lynch, from the Disney Channel hit show “Austin and Ally,” keeps the party jumping with his high-energy tune, “Christmas Soul.”
- Christian rock chart-topper TobyMac takes the stage in Disneyland Park to perform his hit tune, “Christmas This Year.”
- “American Idol” Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips performs the Christmas classic, “I’ll Be Home For Christmas.”
- Gospel legend Yolanda Adams belts out a rendition of the inspirational tune, “Joy To The World.”
- Cast members from Disney’s Newsies: The Musical, “carry the banner” down Main Street, U.S.A., with a performance from the Tony® Award-winning musical;
- Olympian Gabrielle Douglas makes a golden appearance in the procession as the West Carteret High School Marching Patriots from Morehead, N.C., sounds an Olympic fanfare;
- “Pup Stars” from the new Disney Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital HD holiday film “Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups” will help “deck the paws” with a special appearance along the parade route;
- The telecast will feature a special salute to our Armed Forces and Veterans, including: a star-spangled celebration when the United States Marine Corps West Coast Composite Band marches down Main Street, U.S.A., led by Drum Major Gunnery Sergeant Jesse Barta.
From fairy tales to classic Christmas carols, Disney friends and holiday characters spread joy and good tidings through Disneyland Park in California and the Magic Kingdom Park in Florida with fanciful floats and colorful cavalcades. Some of the featured floats and Disney friends in this year’s festivities include:
- Princess Merida, from the Disney Pixar animated film “Brave,” makes her holiday parade debut. The bow and arrow-wielding heroine celebrates Scottish heritage with a troupe of dancers, bagpipers and drummers;
- Popular gadget-building brothers from the smash-hit Disney XD animated series, Phineas & Ferb, dance down the parade route to greet their fans (sharp-eyed viewers also might spot the mysterious Agent P lurking about);
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse show off their holiday best atop an ornate Christmas Tree float, accompanied by one of Mickey’s good pals, Duffy the Disney Bear;
- Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Goofy have a “soundsational” good time, following a drum line of merry musicians;
- May the holidays be with you! Star Wars villain Darth Vader and his legion of loyal Stormtroopers land in the Disney Parks galaxy with a “Force”-ful parade march;
- Disney Princesses Tiana, Rapunzel, Mulan, Pocahontas, Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Aurora, Jasmine, along with their charming princes, join the procession in regal fashion. Direct from Disney Junior, Sofia the First makes her “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” debut in a royal, horse-drawn carriage.
- It’s a “pirate-palooza” as Disney Junior stars Jake and the Never Land Pirates commandeer the holiday festivities with some help from the most infamous scallywags to sail the high seas, Capt. Jack Sparrow and Capt. Barbossa from the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film saga and theme park attractions;
- How about a little Hunny and Pixie Dust to start your Christmas Day? Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore lead the way on shiny sleds with Tinker Bell, her sister Periwinkle and a fleet of sparking snowflakes skating close behind;
- Viewers get a sneak-peek into Santa’s factory where “Toy Story” saga stars Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Jessie, Bullseye and Lotso spring to life in celebration of the season;
- Longtime ‘toon favorites Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow join everyone’s favorite chipmunks, Chip and Dale, and Duckburg’s richest resident, Scrooge McDuck, on a float of Winter Wonderland fun;
- Plenty more Disney Pixar pals join the party, including The Incredibles, Sulley, Mike & Boo from “Monsters Inc.,” Dug, Russell and Carl from “Up,” and Remy from “Ratatouille.”
- The famous Disney Parks Toy Soldiers and Gingerbread Men join enchanted elves, pretty paper packages and stuffed-to-the-brim Christmas stockings to let everyone know that the holidays are here;
- And what would a Christmas parade be without The North Pole’s most famous red-suited resident? Holiday spirit is felt in every heart when Santa Claus and his reindeer make their holly jolly way down Main Street, U.S.A.
Radio Disney and Disney Channel will introduce the “N.B.T.” (Next BIG Thing) season five artists when the popular musical talent competition premieres during the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie Girl Vs. Monster on Friday, October 12 at 8:00 pm ET/PT and throughout the day on Radio Disney. This season’s winner will perform on the hit Disney Channel series “Austin & Ally,” have a new single released by Disney Music Group and be the opening act for popular Radio Disney recording artists at the “N.B.T.” finale concert and winner announcement this December in Los Angeles. In advance of the season premiere, Radio Disney will debut each artist’s first “N.B.T.” single on Monday, September 17, and singles will be available on iTunes Tuesday, September 25.
New to this season, Radio Disney and Disney Channel audiences will get a preview of each artist in their hometowns. The featured artists, ages 12-17, are R&B singers and actresses Chloe and Halle Bailey; acoustic pop singer and actress Katherine Hughes; R&B singer, dancer and actor Damian Otchere; modern rock and pop singer, songwriter and musician Jack Skuller; and pop singer, songwriter and actress Elle Winter. In addition to their own singles, new to this year’s competition, each artist will also perform a popular cover song. Throughout the season, viewers will get a behind-the-scenes look as contestants work with mentors including pop recording artist Cher Lloyd who’s single “Want U Back” hit #1 on Radio Disney’s Top 30 and top 10 on Mediabase’s Top 40, Ross Lynch and Laura Marano of Disney Channel’s hit series “Austin & Ally,” and “N.B.T.” season four winner Shealeigh.
“N.B.T.” season five voting will commence on Friday, October 26 (7:00 p.m., ET/4:00 p.m., PT). This season fans will have more chances to vote for their favorite artist with the addition of Twitter voting, and an expanded 10 votes per day per platform, which also include RadioDisney.com, Radio Disney’s Facebook page, and via texting* “NBT” to DISNEY (347639). Each artist will receive equal play and exposure, and at the end of each round, will face elimination based on listener votes.
Hosted by Radio Disney on-air personality Jake Whetter, “N.B.T.” is a daily multiplatform competition that launched the careers of Hollywood Records recording artist and Disney Channel star Coco Jones (“Let It Shine”), as well as Kicking Daisies, Shealeigh and Allstar Weekend, and puts the spotlight on aspiring young recording artists and provides them with the chance to showcase their music across national broadcast and online platforms.
In honor of the release of the ‘Austin & Ally’ soundtrack, from the popular Disney Channel series of the same name, co-star Ross Lynch will be appearing at Studio Disney 365, located in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort on September 23, 2012, for a CD release and signing event.
To participate in the signing, guests must purchase a copy of the CD at Studio Disney 365 beginning at 8 am on September 23 (limit of two CDs per guest). Guests will receive a single voucher allowing them to return to meet with Ross Lynch from 1 – 4 pm. There will be a maximum of 300 guests allowed to partake in the event.
Available to own on October 2, 2012, the new ‘Disney Channel Holiday Playlist’ is full of two things: holiday spirit and Disney Channel star power. From the stars of favorites such as ‘Shake It Up,’ ‘A.N.T. Farm,’ ‘Good Luck Charlie,’ ‘Austin & Ally’ and more, this album is sure to bring holiday cheer to any young fan. And now thanks to Amazon.com, we get a full track list of who’s performing on the album and what they’re singing:
1. Shake Santa Shake – Zendaya
2. Rockin Around the Christmas Tree – Bella Thorne
3. Christmas Soul – Ross Lynch
4. Jingle Bell Rock – The McClain Sisters
5. Song for You – Bridgit Mendler and Shane Harper
6. Winter Wonderland – Olivia Holt
7. Christmas is Coming – Ross Lynch and R5
8. All I Want For Christmas – Caroline Sunshine
9. Christmas Night – Coco Jones
10. Happy Universal Holidays – Adam Hicks
Disney Friends for Change, a global initiative that inspires kids and families to take action and make a difference in their communities, today announced that Disney Channel stars Debby Ryan (“Jessie”), Bella Thorne and Zendaya (“Shake It Up”), and Ross Lynch and Laura Marano (“Austin & Ally”) will serve as Friends for Change Ambassadors, encouraging kids and families to make a lasting, positive change by helping people, communities, and the planet.
In collaboration with select non-profit organizations, Disney Friends for Change Ambassadors will lead campaigns to engage millions of kids to take action and volunteer. Each nonprofit will receive a Disney Friends for Change grant to further the reach and impact of the themed campaign. In total, $750,000 will be awarded to the following three efforts:
- “Helping Communities – Volunteer,” led by Debby Ryan and in collaboration with Free The Children (from June 29 – August 16)
- “Helping People – Be a Leader,” featuring Bella Thorne and Zendaya, and in collaboration with Free The Children (from August 17 – September 27)
- “Helping the Planet – Green Your Scene,” championed by Ross Lynch and Laura Marano, and in collaboration with TreePeople (from September 28 – November 30)
“We are so excited about the real difference kids are making every day using our action kits and volunteering in their communities,” said Leslie Goodman, senior vice president for Corporate Citizenship and Philanthropy at The Walt Disney Company. “Through the leadership and encouragement of our Disney Friends for Change Ambassadors, we hope to inspire millions of more kids to take action and change their worlds.”
Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer, Disney Channels Worldwide, said, “The bond our viewers have with our talent is deep and powerful. As ambassadors of Friends for Change, our talent can serve as a megaphone for the importance of pro-active community involvement, motivating kids and their families to discover the many rewarding ways we can all make our world a better place to live.” He continued, “I often talk to my team about extending our value as a company beyond the TV screen, and this initiative does an exemplary job of that – and for this, I could not be prouder.”
As part of the program, Disney Channel will debut a series of interstitial messages, featuring the Disney Friends for Change Ambassadors beginning MONDAY, JUNE 18. Disney Channel, Radio Disney, and Disney.com will chronicle the Ambassadors throughout the summer as they volunteer and inspire kids of all ages to lead. Also part of the interstitial series and debuting FRIDAY, JUNE 29, Debby Ryan will share her personal experience volunteering in India through Disney Friends for Change with Free The Children, where she helped build a new school for a local village. Inspired by the stories and efforts of Disney Friends for Change kids, Debby helped to start the Ambassadors program.
To coincide with the on-air interstitials, Friends for Change will offer tools and resources at www.disney.com/friends where kids and families can discover additional ideas on how to make a difference. Site visitors are able to download action kits, learn more about the Ambassadors’ campaigns, and participate in the new Shout Out Module, an online forum that allows kids and families to motivate each other and exchange tips on actions to help their schools and neighborhoods. Families can also vote online to further support each Ambassador’s campaign and help thousands of more kids as a result.