During True Love Week, a tapestry of romance is woven throughout the resorts — from limited- time Valentine’s merchandise and special entertainment, to romantic dinners for two and new themed photo locations offering greetings with beloved Disney sweethearts – all for a limited-time only.
The weeklong event celebrates the love of friends and family, and invites couples to rekindle the flame. Here is the lineup:
WALT DISNEY WORLD
- Romantic Setting: Guests will feel the romance at every turn, as banners proclaiming True Love, heart-shaped signage and sweetheart-themed décor adorn the Magic Kingdom.
- Blushing Castle: At dusk, hues of pink, red, lavender and blue bathe Cinderella Castle with themed lighting synced to a musical melodies adding to the ambiance.
- Dinners for Two: Candlelit dinners for two with prix fixe menus at select restaurants during the most romantic week of the year. Specially-created menus at Artist Point (Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort); The Wave…of American Flavors (Disney’s Contemporary Resort); Hollywood Brown Derby (Disney’s Hollywood Studios); Yachtsman Steakhouse (Disney’s Yacht Club Resort) make an ideal setting for a romantic evening. To book visit Disneyworld.com or call 407/WDW-DINE.
- Valentine’s-themed Takeaways: Limited-edition pins, plushes, newly-designed apparel and Vinylmations available at select merchandise locations.
- Royal Gathering: The rare opportunity to get a photo with Disney Princes as they escort their Princesses to enchanting character greeting locations.
- In Town Square Theater you may find Mickey and Minnie, Aurora with Phillip or Rapunzel and Flynn. Mary Poppins joins Bert in Fantasyland, while Prince Naveen and Princess Tiana meet guests in the Enchanted Glade in Liberty Square.
- Romantic Photo Locations in Magic Kingdom with your Sweetie:
- Carriage Awaits: New Fantasyland invites lovers to create memories alongside Cinderella’s Glass Coach situated by the new Castle wall for True Love Week.
Wishes Come True: Hearts and flowers enhance Cinderella’s Wishing Well creating the perfect backdrop for a cherished moment.
- Rose Walk: The Rose Garden in Central Plaza is all decked out with enchanting decor.
- Romantic Touches: Long stem roses, chocolate covered strawberries, the finest champagne, or scattered rose petals create a romantic scene for lovebirds, all available through the Disney florist at www.disneyflorist.com.
- Elegant Oasis for Relaxation: An aromatherapy couples’ massage is just the escape after a day with the kids in the theme park. Couples’ massages are available at the newly opened, full-service Senses, A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
- Perfectly Princess: Join your prince for the ultimate fairytale come true with a customized Disney wedding or honeymoon getaway. More than 1,000 couples get married, or renew their wedding vows in romantic settings in various locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort every year. Visit DisneyWeddings.com for more information.
- Romantic Setting: Guests will feel the romance at every turn, as banners proclaiming True Love Conquers All, heart-shaped signage and sweetheart-themed décor adorn Disneyland Park.
- Blushing Castle: At dusk, hues of red and pink will bathe Sleeping Beauty Castle, with projections of flowers and hearts.
- Floral Heart: A giant floral heart makes a sweet setting for a Valentine photo, in Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland.
- Valentine Wishes: Flowers, garlands and decorative doves will create a second ideal location around Snow White Wishing Well near Sleeping Beauty Castle. At night, magical lighting adds a romantic touch to the wishing well and Snow White Grotto.
- Disneyland Sweethearts: Also near Town Square, guests will find a photo location with resident Disneyland sweethearts – Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck.
- Dinners for Two: Romantic dinners for two with prix fixe menus will be offered at select restaurants during the most romantic week of the year. Specially-created menus at Blue Bayou and Café Orleans in Disneyland, Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure Park, Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel or Napa Rose in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel make ideal choices for a romantic evening. To book call 714-781-DINE (714-781-3463).
- Cupcake Lovers: Chefs have prepared a specially themed Valentine’s dessert: a chocolate cupcake with raspberry mousse filling and dark chocolate mousse frosting. It will be available at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café in Disneyland, Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café and Pacific Wharf Café in Disney California Adventure, and Disneyland Hotel Coffee House.
- Valentine’s-themed Takeaways: Limited-edition pins, plush, newly-designed apparel and Vinylmations will be available at select merchandise locations.
- Ears for your Sweetheart: The classic Disneyland ear hat gets a total glitz makeover just in time for the most romantic time of the year. It will dazzle your Valentine and become the most sophisticated pair of ears in your collection.
- Royal Romance: Guests will enjoy a rare opportunity to get photos of Disney Princes as they escort their Princesses along The Royal Walk in Fantasyland. In New Orleans Square, guests will find another pair of sweethearts, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.
- In Search of True Love: Guests may also encounter the Wandering Wallflowers, in search of “true love.”
Hallmark Introduces Line of Personalized Classroom Valentine’s Day Cards Featuring Disney Princesses, Cars
Be the envy of the fourth grade this Valentine’s Day with new personalized Valentine’s Day cards from Hallmark featuring licensed characters such as Disney Princesses, Disney/Pixar Cars, Peanuts or even use your own photo.
The personalization options extend to the message (degree of personalization varies with the specific card design) which can be modified on both the front and back of the card.
Each sheet of 4 cards measures 5″x7″ and costs $1.29 (volume discounts apply). As a special introductory offer, Hallmark is even offering 25% off its classroom valentines with coupon code CLASS25.
For more information or to order your personalized classroom valentines, visit Hallmark.com.
Love stories from the world’s most famous couples — Mickey and Minnie and Donald and Daisy — in some of the greatest (and most painful) romances ever told! Romantic, suave, debonair- all these words and more have never been used to describe Donald Duck! Check out how many humiliating ways he can ruin a nice night out with Daisy! Mickey has better luck, but he’s a hopeless romantic at heart, and everyone knows that’s nothing but trouble… Featuring the industry’s greatest all-time talents like Carl Barks, Walt Kelly, Daan Jippes, and more on the world’s most well-known characters!
Available now from Amazon.com
Hallmark introduced a new line of greeting cards today using what’s come to be known as augmented reality. The greetings cards, while fully functional as traditional cards, offer a unique and innovative experience by allowing the recipient to use the card as a platform for a 3D animated sequence come to life right before their eyes.
Disney fans may recognize this as the same technology that Disneyland pushed heavily last summer with the Fantasmic! Dragon and the Become a Villain game.
Launching just in time for Valentine’s Day, the line currently consists of ten variations including licensed properties such as Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Scooby Doo and, of course, Disney Princesses, with more expected to be introduced in the future. The cards will retail for $2.99 each except for those that include sound, which will retail for $5.99 each.
Using the card itself as a target, the recipient downloads an application from Hallmark’s website that allows them to use their webcam (required) to recognize and use the card as a stage on which they can view the animation and hear the sounds on their computer screen. As the recipient moves and turns the card, the animation responds, offering a full 360 degree view.
The video below, from Hallmark, shows many of the licensed cards in action, including the one Disney Princess card which features characters from Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast.
This YouTube video, also from Hallmark, offers a better demonstration of how the technology works and shows just how in control the recipient is with how the animation is virtually displayed on top of the card.
Hallmark UK is poised to take the greeting card business to the next level this February when it unveils the UK’s first ever video greeting card. With a limited edition of only 1500, the Valentine’s Day card features a video of five classic Disney romantic moments from films including Lady and the Tramp, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty and Aladdin which plays when the card is opened.
Available at Clintons Cards locations throughout the UK, the video greeting card will retail for a little over $30 US.