Nearly a month after we first announced the upcoming arrival of ‘Pixar Shorts Voume 2‘ on Blu-ray (available to own November 13, 2012), Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has officially confirmed the release and date along with a list of all of the shorts included in the second collection of short films from Pixar Animation Studios as well as student films from John Lasseter, Pete Docter and Andrew Stanton.
The included shorts are as follows:
- BURN-E – BURN-E is a dedicated, hard working robot that finds himself locked out of his ship and quickly learns that completing a simple task can often be a difficult endeavor. Based on characters from WALL-E. (Directed by: Angus MacLane)
- Dug’s Special Mission — In this funny short based on the character from Up, Dug is sent on a foolish mission by Alpha, Beta and Gamma so that they can hunt for the Bird of Paradise Falls by themselves. Soon Dug discovers that where he belongs is not where he’s been looking. (Directed by: Ronnie del Carmen)
- George & AJ — Inspired by Carl’s escape, senior citizens around the city unite to make their own ‘escapes,’ much to the chagrin of George and A.J., in this short that features characters from Up. (Directed by: Josh Cooley)
- Air Mater – In this hilarious short, Mater decides he wants to learn how to fly and is accidently recruited by an elite group of formation flyers, the Falcon Hawks. (Directed by: Rob Gibbs)
- Time Travel Mater — When a clock lands on Mater’s engine, he travels back in time to 1910 where he meets Stanley, the founder of Radiator Springs. (Directed by: Rob Gibbs)
- Your Friend The Rat — Ratatouille’s Remy and his brother Emile guide fans through world history from a rat’s perspective. (Directed by: Jim Capobianco)
- Partly Cloudy — This humorous short features baby-delivering storks who receive their special packages high in the stratosphere, from clouds who sculpt babies and bring them to life. (Directed by: Peter Sohn)
- Presto — When Presto, a great turn-of-the-century magician, neglects to feed his rabbit one too many times, the magician finds he isn’t the only one with a few tricks up his sleeve. (Directed by: Doug Sweetland)
- Day & Night — This short follows Day, a sunny fellow, who encounters Night, a stranger of distinctly dark moods. As their suspicions turn to curiosity, they are delighted to find that this budding friendship can offer a new perspective on the world. (Directed by: Teddy Newton)
- Hawaiian Vacation — Fans will love this ‘Toy Story Toon,’ as Woody and Buzz lead a group of toys in giving Ken and Barbie the Hawaiian vacation of their dreams – without ever leaving home. (Directed by: Gary Rydstrom)
- Small Fry — Fans’ favorite team of toys is back in this clever ‘Toy Story Toon.’ Buzz Lightyear is left behind at a fast food restaurant where he finds himself in a support group for discarded toys. As Woody and the gang devise a way to rescue their friend, Buzz tries to escape the toy psychotherapy meeting. (Directed by: Angus MacLane)
- La Luna – The timeless fable of a young boy coming of age in the most peculiar of circumstances, in which he discovers his Papa’s and Grandpa’s unusual line of work. (Directed by: Enrico Casarosa)
All of the shorts are presented in 1:78 aspect ratio except for Presto which is in 2:39 format and La Luna which is in 2.
In addition, student films by Lasseter, Docter and Stanton will include Nitemare, The Lady & The Lamp, Somewhere in the Arctic, A Story, Winter, Palm Springs and Next Door.
New DisneyStore.com arrivals and sales for September 13, 2012
Below is a list of new items and sales now available for purchase at DisneyStore.com. Clicking on a product’s image or description will launch the product’s page on DisneyStore.com in another window.
Note that this list is generated and posted automatically. Stitch Kingdom should not be held responsible for any inaccuracies, misinformation or item availability.
Disclosure: This post includes specially formatted links which allow the site to receive a small percentage of purchases made through them. Using these links does not affect your shopping experience in any way, but it does help the site. Even if you don’t purchase anything, even just sharing products you like through Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest using the icons below them will help the site.
|Bullseye Action Figure with Galloping Sound — 17” H- $24.50
Giddy up! Woody’s happy horse is ready for action. Press his ear and hear galloping noises as you take him on an adventure. Toy Story fans will be excited to trot out this Bullseye Action Figure for more fun at playtime.
|Monsters, Inc. Ornament- $18.95
Sulley and Mike Wazowski team up on this frightfully fun Monsters, Inc. Ornament. Straight from Monstropolis to your home, this finely detailed figural ornament will make the holidays scarily entertaining as Mike keeps an eye out to see you’re smiling.
|Doc McStuffins Figure Play Set- $19.50
Magic Talkin’ Check-Up Set. Time for a check-up with Doc McStuffins to stop those sniffles and send you on your way for another day of play. Place Lambie, Stuffy, and Chilly on the check-up table to hear them talk!
|EVE and WALL•E Ornament- $18.95
Mmmmm, looks like WALL•E and EVE have got themselves in a bit of a tangle. The festive ‘bot has picked himself up a Christmas tree for the holidays but adding lights is proving a problem, even with help from EVE, on this detailed ornament.
|Agent P Plush Pillow- $16.50
Pillow for hire. The undercover private eye from Phineas and Ferb comes out of hiding as this super soft Agent P pillow. The comfy cushion features embroidered detailing, 3-D hat ears and padded bill for your little agent to enjoy.
|Doc McStuffins Doll Set- $39.50
Time for your check-up! Keep an appointment with talking, singing Doc McStuffins to help give Lambie a check-up. Check Lambie’s ears, heart, and temperature, then send her on her way for another day of play.
|POP! Cinderella Vinyl Figure by Funko – SALE $6.99 — SAVE 44%!
A classic Disney Princess stands transformed by thoroughly modern magic in this POP! Cinderella Vinyl Figure by Funko. Collect all the POP! vinyl figures by Funko for a truly contemporary look at the art of Disney animation.
|POP! Chernabog Vinyl Figure by Funko – SALE $6.99 — SAVE 44%!
The dark lord of Bald Mountain pops out at night to greet a fantasia of funky fun in our POP! Chernabog Vinyl Figure by Funko. Collect all the POP! vinyl figures by Funko for a truly contemporary look at the art of Disney animation.
|POP! Sorcerer Mickey Mouse Vinyl Figure by Funko – SALE $6.99 — SAVE 44%!
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice makes his memorable magic pop with a fantasia of funky fun in this POP! Sorcerer Mickey Mouse Vinyl Figure by Funko. Collect all the POP! vinyl figures by Funko for a truly contemporary look at the art of Disney animation.
|Tinker Bell Backpack – SALE $9.99 — SAVE 49%!
Pack all your pixie dust in our twinkly Tinker Bell backpack. Shimmering accents and vivid color trims make this full-featured Disney Fairies daypack into a back-to-school fashion essential!
Ahead of any official announcement, we have learned that Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment will be releasing the hotly anticipated follow-up to Pixar Short Films Collection Volume 1, Volume 2, available to own on November 13, 2012 and now available for pre-order from Amazon.com.
Details are sparse at the moment, but shorts are expected to include La Luna, Dug’s Special Mission, Toy Story Toon: Hawaiian Vacation, Partly Cloudy, Presto and Day & Night.
In addition, the collection will contain extras that delve into how much of Pixar’s talent got their start and even includes student films from acclaimed directors Pete Docter, Andrew Stanton and John Lasseter including Nitemare, The Lady and the Lamp, Somewhere In The Arctic, A Story, Winter, Palm Springs and Next Door.
We will provide more information as it becomes available to us.
Expected to be released this month is the adorable set of Kingdom Hearts avatar mascot straps. The Play Arts #2 King Mickey rules the collection, however, expected to be released in July along with the gift of joy provided by Santa Sora. Also expected to be released in July is the highly anticipated Pixar Formation Arts collection featuring characters from Wall-E, Ratatouille and UP.
Via the official blog, Disney Theme Park Merchandising has announced that going forward, guests will be limited to purchasing two (2) of any particular Vinylmation designated as a limited edition. This affects only limited edition releases, not limited release or other editions.
In addition, the blog also brings details and a look at the boxed set for the Wall*E/Eve limited edition Vinylmations which are set to be released at both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland resorts tomorrow. The blog advises that those seeking to purchase the set can do so at the following locations:
WALT DISNEY WORLD
World of Disney® Store – Downtown Disney® Marketplace
Animation Gallery – Disney’s Hollywood Studios™
Disney Outfitters – Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Uptown Jewelers – Magic Kingdom® Park
Art of Disney – Downtown Disney® Marketplace
Art of Disney – Epcot®
Disney Showcase – Disneyland® Park Le Bat en Rogue – Disneyland® Park Tower Hotel Gifts – Disney’s California Adventure® Park D-Street – Downtown Disney® District
Some more news from the official Vinylmation blog which first reports that the Cinderella 60th anniversary special edition vinylmation which we told you about here will be released at both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts on January 15.
Then, a week later, on January 22, the collector set featuring Disney/Pixar’s Wall*E and Eve will be released at both resorts on January 22 and is limited to an edition size of 500. The blog promises to have additional information as well as artwork of the box they are both packaged in soon.
The newest set of PVC collectibles from Square Enix pay homage to five Disney/Pixar films. Miniature scenes atop a Pixar base detail characters from CARS, Ratatouille, Wall-E, UP and Toy Story. Now available for pre-order from several online sites, the set retails for 6,000 yen (about $67).
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Andrew Stanton, Jim Reardon and Pete Docter walked away with the feature film award for their “WALL-E” screenplay Thursday at the annual Humanitas Awards, which honor TV and film writers whose work enriches human understanding.
In his acceptance speech at the Beverly Hills Hotel luncheon, Reardon noted that to keep themselves thematically on-point while writing their script, the “WALL-E” scribes referred to their animated protagonist as Johnny Humanity-Seed.
Michael R. Strobl and Ross Katz were honored in the 90-minute category for writing the HBO film “Taking Chance,” Jason Katims was lauded in the 60-minute category for his “Tomorrow Blues” episode of “Friday Night Lights,” and Aseem Batra received the prize in the 30-minute category for her “My Last Words” episode of “Scrubs.”
Writer-director Cherien Dabis won the Sundance feature film award for “Amreeka,” and Arika Lisanne Mittman took the children’s live-action award for her “Spencer’s 18th Birthday” episode of “South of Nowhere.”
The Humanitas Awards were founded by Rev. Ellwood “Bud” Kieser 35 years ago.
(Written by By Jay A. Fernandez, Editing by SheriLinden at Reuters)
BURBANK, Calif., Aug. 3 — What will Disney’s theme parks and resorts look like in the future? Fans will learn the answer to that question and many more as they take a “behind-the-magic” tour of their favorite Disney destinations at the inaugural D23 EXPO, where the entire world of Disney will come together under one roof at the Anaheim Convention Center in California from Sept. 10-13.
Through a series of stunning displays and not-to-be-missed presentations, D23 EXPO attendees will explore the rich legacy and future of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts – a story that began in 1955 with Disneyland and has since grown to include 11 theme parks at five vacation destinations around the globe, as well as new immersive vacation experiences including Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney and Disney Vacation Club. On Saturday, Sept. 12, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo will share some behind-the-magic details as he pulls back the curtain on several new projects – including the 12-acre Cars Land that’s set to open at Disney’s California Adventure in 2012.
Here’s a sampling of exciting Disney Parks experiences that D23 EXPO attendees will discover:
The second annual World Science Festival in New York City (June 10 – 14, 2009) has just posted its schedule of presentations and opened up for ticket sales. Unfortunately it looks like Disney’s participation is limited this year, but for the adults, WDI Chief Scientist Dr. Ben Schwegler will be part of a panel entitled WALL-E’s World: Designs for an Invisible Footprint.
The description for the panel is as follows:
Beneath WALL-E’s whimsical surface lies a grown up, cautionary tale about humanity’s relationship with the environment. In this program scientists reveal ingenious strategies for creating a sustainable future — from ‘carborexic’ cities made entirely from recycled trash to how the pursuit of “green” space exploration may one day help to revolutionize waste management here on Earth.