Disney Parks, Lucasfilm and the Walt Disney Classic have joined forces to create a rebel alliance in order to introduce this brand new ‘Jedi Mickey’ open edition collectible from WDCC. The hand-crafted porcelain piece is 6 1/4″ tall, retails for $125 (plus tax) and includes a certificate of authenticity.
It can be ordered by contacting Walt Disney Event Services at 407-827-7600 from 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday. Orders must be received no later than August 10 at 3 pm ET.
For more information and to view more images of ‘Jedi Mickey,’ visit Duckman’s blog.
Earlier this year, it was announced that Enesco’s Grand Jester Studios would be introducing a line of sculpture busts based on Disney heroes and villains. Sideshow Collectibles has announced that the next entry in the series, Maleficent from Disney’s Sleeping Beauty, will be available come first quarter of 2010 and is now available for pre-order for $80. At a limited edition of 1500, this gorgeous 10.5″ tall sculpture is bound to go faster than you can say dragon!
- Of course the biggest news is that very shortly after we released a readable D23 Expo schedule, D23 released the full guide in PDF format that will be distributed at the Expo. If you haven’t already, you should get it now from the Expo schedule page. If for some reason it gets updated between now and Thursday, we will alert you as soon as possible via twitter and facebook.
- Panelists have been named for each of the films in the 50 and Fabulous film festival which is jam-packed with Disney Legends such as Dave Smith, Tommy Kirk and Mary Costa amongst others. More info on the film festival’s page here.
- Mice Age obtained a photo peeking in on the Expo setup which doesn’t show much more than a 3D banner, but hey, it’s something. Check it out here.
- Sonny with a Chance star Doug Brochu announced via his twitter that he will be ‘signing autographs’ from 2 – 3 pm on Thursday (no details as to where exactly)
- Making its debut in very limited quantities at the D23 Expo is this stunning 8.5″ tall sculpture of Princess Tiana from the Walt Disney Classics Collection (retail $125). For more details and photos, please visit Duckman’s blog here.
- Remember that awesome contest D23 announced to find the official portrait for Donald Duck in honor of his 75th birthday and that the winner will have the ultra-rare Duckster award bestowed upon them? Unfortunately it appears that D23 left off the award information in their schedule and guide but we are told that the winner will be announced and receive the Duckster just prior to the commencement of the D23 Auction.
- While we’re on the topic of D23 merchandise and exclusives, Disney collectibles licensee MINDstyle has served up photos (but sadly a lack of information) of their The Black Hole’s V.I.N.CENT collectible, this time painted in colors paying tribute to TRON. See here for more photos.
- Kiwi Rhiannon who has decided D23 Expo is just a bit too far down the street from New Zealand to attend has started up her own FaceBook group to provide support to those who aspire to one day be able to attend the Expo (and in her case, even become a D23 member).
- If and when and where possible, we will be live-tweeting events on our twitter. We cannot guarantee it will make it to FaceBook so if you want to keep up to date on the events, please consider following us for the duration of the Expo. Of course summaries and additional updates will be posted here on the site.