Today, Disney Store celebrated the launch of Kidada for Disney Store, an exclusive collection with celebrity designer and Disney enthusiast, Kidada Jones. The Charming Collection is a mix of apparel, jewelry, a limited edition Vinylmation figure and Wish-a-Littles, Kidada’s design twist on Disney Princess. The Kidada for Disney Store collection is designed to inspire the dreamer in all of us.
“With this classic collection, Kidada brings a unique and whimsical vision to the beloved Disney characters,” said Jim Fielding, president of Disney Stores Worldwide. “Disney Store’s reinvention over the last two years has taken us to magical new heights and our collaboration with Kidada Jones is the first of many that will position us as a retail destination where guests will find designer collections and unexpected surprises.”
“As a kid growing up in Southern California, I was a frequent visitor to the Disneyland and developed a deep love of the magic and wonder of Disney,” said Kidada Jones. “This collection was inspired by childhood memories of Disney and the Disney Princess characters combined with my many influences from music and travels around the world.”
DisneyStore.com launched the Kidada for Disney Store online boutique DisneyStore.com/Kidada showcasing all of the tantalizing new merchandise.
Kidada for Disney Store Collection includes:
- Wish-A-Little Collection— inside each Belle, Cinderella, Snow White and Tiana figurine, you’ll find a charm necklace on a silk strand, as a reminder to love a little, dream a little, laugh a little and wish a little. $39.50
- Kidada for Disney Store pendant necklaces are inspired by Disney Princess and infused with Kidada’s unique style and whimsy. $49.50
- Mini Moments charms are based on beloved Disney characters and interpreted by Kidada with her signature style. $14.50
- Adult and children tees featuring the Wish-A-Little version of beloved Disney Princess characters or Kidada’s signature wish phrases. $14.50-$34.50
- Wish-a-Little reusable Totes are the perfect accessory to hold your Wish-a-Little swag. $9.50
- Kidada for Disney Store Wish-a-Little watch keeps the time for all your wishing moments. $49.50
- Kidada for Disney Store-branded Limited Edition 9″ Vinylmation figure has a fun and colorful design and features a bracelet with a Kidada butterfly charm. $49.50
Kidada for Disney Store Collection is available exclusively on DisneyStore.com, and at Disney Store locations in New York’s Times Square, North Michigan Ave. in Chicago; Stockton Street in San Francisco, CA; and Santa Monica Place in Santa Monica, CA.
Considered some of the most benevolent persons on this great planet, as well as being modest to levels extreme, we concede that the only forgivable reason for chopping a princess in half is to count her rings and determine her true age. That said, we couldn’t help but notice that on May 10, Disney Consumer Products is giving away a Snow White figure by Kidada (a.k.a. the Wish A Littles) and that her body is trimmer than usual as she is pictured.
So what exactly are the ‘Wish A Littles?’ Well, we’re still not entirely sure, but we do know that the worst fears of many are about to be confirmed — Disney Princesses are hollow inside. Thought at first to just be a new spin on vinyl collectible dolls (or vinylmation as some Disney-ites might call it), these Princesses were made to come apart.
Once we realized we might be on to something, we re-visited the teaser page for the ‘Wish A Little’ collection by Kidada Jones and — going frame by frame — as well as reading the Da Vinci Code three and an eighth times — we deduced that Snow White has a secret. As does Cinderella, Belle and Tiana. You may want to refrain from blinking while watching the following video because spliced into the video are individual frames that reveal that the Snow White figure contains an apple charm, Cinderella contains a pumpkin coach charm, Tiana contains an evening star charm and Belle contains what appears to be a highly inspired bell charm.
Could there be even more to the secrets behind the Wish A Littles? Tune in May 4 when they make their official debut exclusively at Disney Store and DisneyStore.com.
As for the Kidada for Disney Store collection itself, the page’s description reads:
“Based on beloved Disney characters and infused with her signature style and whimsy, Kidada has created a delightful range exclusively for Disney Store that includes clothing, jewelry, bags, watches and Vinylmation.”
In addition to the princesses named, Tinker Bell is also mentioned in the page’s keywords, suggesting she too will be part of the collection.